• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking adout a couple of X6 processors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Will I even see a diffrence? I have moved all of my encoding and gaming to Intel/nVidia for the time being until I see what the BD can actually do.

So for daily use and with a mild OC will I see a diffrence? I know the X6 is essentially the same as as X4 as far as performance on four cores goes but will two more cores offload enough processes for me to notice.

Depends what you do with it. In normal usage on my htpc I could tell no difference from an x4 to an x6.

I could readily tell a difference when I encode video.

Depends what you do with it. In normal usage on my htpc I could tell no difference from an x4 to an x6.

I could readily tell a difference when I encode video.

As far as power usage how do they compare to an X4 because the only thing I do out of the ordinary on the two boxes I will potemtially UG is BOINC. I only game on my HTPC and the frankenstein PC.

As far as power usage how do they compare to an X4 because the only thing I do out of the ordinary on the two boxes I will potemtially UG is BOINC. I only game on my HTPC and the frankenstein PC.

With turbo mode enabled or not on the X6? They have the same wattage rating as the PII X4s with turbo in place on the X6.

Hey that is infringement. I did not see a single word about OCF. He better cite the source of those shots.

These forums are paid for and not by him. I was there in the old BB days and this is much better. It is more personal and homey feeling. That guy can Kiss my Converse.

Last edited:
Back