Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Asus P8P67 newbie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-07-11, 06:02 PM Thread Starter   #1
topslop1

Asus P8P67 newbie

Hello all. I just set up my new rig with Asus P8P67 and I5 2500k and Hyper 212+ cooler and Gskill RipJaws 1600. The system seems stable as per a Prime 95 run without any issues.

I'm trying to navigate through the bios but I'm having issues in figuring out what I want to be changing and testing. I can't seem to find a menu that will allow me to open up a manual clock setting and voltage setting. And what's with this auto overclock program? And finally should I be toying with turbo mode? I should just set her up to run a 4.0 or 4.5 all the time correct?

Basically I would appreciate a big list as to what I should be tweaking and changing and how to get this overclock rolling. Thank you for your time and help.

Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 10-07-11, 06:51 PM   #2
bennoculus

Hit Esc and go down and hit "Advanced Mode". There is where all of your overclocking settings are being housed. The majority of the overclocking related values are in the "AI Tweaker" tab.

That should get you going.

4GB GSkill RipJawsX 2133MHz, 7-9-8-24
2xGTX580 Matrix SLI
90GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD
VenomousX
Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1
OptyTrooper: "Be warned though overclocking is a drug."
bennoculus is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards