• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to OC in the BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I have purchased the Epox 8KHA+ mobo, but I didn't post it in that board specific because I don't think this question is motherboard specific. So...

I see screenshots of the BIOS in the manual of the motherboard, and it almost looks as though the FSB is locked at 100MHz. You can raise this right? That's what OCing is all about and I thought the 8KHA+ was perfect for OCing.

Can somebody clear this up for me? Thanks!

Garfield said:
I have purchased the Epox 8KHA+ mobo, but I didn't post it in that board specific because I don't think this question is motherboard specific. So...

I see screenshots of the BIOS in the manual of the motherboard, and it almost looks as though the FSB is locked at 100MHz. You can raise this right? That's what OCing is all about and I thought the 8KHA+ was perfect for OCing.

Can somebody clear this up for me? Thanks!
I know it can be raised but I'm not familar with the epox. my shuttle you go down to the fsb and hit eithier +or- to raise and lower it. I think it defaults to 100 so if you have a ''b'' athlon it will boot.

Should be raise in the bios under a name like doing with speed or find a section with all those. It shouldn't be hard to find, so dont worry about it.

i think thers a jumper on that board which sets the default fsb from as either 100 or 133 (made so you can run an older AMD processor with default fsb of 100 or a newer one like yours at the default 133). Im not entirely sure if its in the bios or on the bored itself (as a jumper) it should be in the manual, and if you still cant find it ask the guys in the epox board, theyll gladly help you out. after you set your default fsb you can still increase it from the defualt 100 or 133.

Yup, there are jumpers on the board to do like you said. But, if I wanted to get my FSB to, say, 146 I'd have to do it through the BIOS, I assume...

Back