• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6970 performing way under par

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedocisin

Registered
so i have a 2600k showing up as 7.4 on my performance scale however graphics and gaming graphics with a 6970 only 6.8

i'm trying to run sc2 on ultra and i bought this build under the impression i could do that and listen to tracks in the background..

any idea what might be wrong?

it's 2 gb but only showing 1.66

I think the problem is that you're trying to use the windows performance scale...

Download 3dmark11, run the basic benchmark tests, and report back.

I think the problem is that you're trying to use the windows performance scale...

Download 3dmark11, run the basic benchmark tests, and report back.

Yes, try with 3dmark11.
But the 6950 unlocked in my 2600k rig gives a 7.9 win performance indice...

Yeah I'm sorry i figured it out.. somehow (this is the 1st time i've run this build) windows was testing the internal Intel-based video card... fixed it.

7.9 where it belongs...

Thanks guys

manu2b - you're oc'd to 4.9? that's great. I paid to get my computer oc'd but, again, there's an issue, it's populating just-over-stock at 3.51

is this overclocked or was I shafted?

thanks for any help

manu2b - you're oc'd to 4.9? that's great. I paid to get my computer oc'd but, again, there's an issue, it's populating just-over-stock at 3.51

is this overclocked or was I shafted?

thanks for any help

I don't think it's overclocked: 3510 MHz is what cpu-z gives at full load at stock.
You should open a thread in the Intel CPU section.

Back