• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bulldozer...NICE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I checked just a couple of minutes ago, it showed the 8120 was in stock but the 8150 was unavailable.

Guys is there really any incentive to get the 8150 over the 8120? If they both have unlockable multipliers why would you pay the additional $60?

Other than a higher stock clock I'd say the 8150 is maybe higher quality silicon that tend to clock better, no guarantee off course

Guys is there really any incentive to get the 8150 over the 8120? If they both have unlockable multipliers why would you pay the additional $60?

Maybe it will clock higher ultimately, like a binned cpu..

Maybe it will clock higher ultimately, like a binned cpu..

Yeah but i think a lot of people were able to take the 965be just as high as the 980be could go. so if the same holds true here it could be a pretty good deal.:cool:
Edit: Also the review on the front page showed not to much increase from higher clocks so unless benching, the 8120 would be the better deal despite slightly lower oced clocks.

Reviewers were having issues getting the 8120 as high as the 8150. They found the 8150 could usually overclock higher, and almost always the same clock with less voltage.

But well see how the retail chips do I suppose. Too early to jump on either yet if you want a guarantee on quality overclock.

Goto the AMD cpu section on the forum and theres a thread for Other Reviews of bd. Theres a collection of links in there.

I took a gamble and got the 8120.

At launch the i7-920's could overclock as high if not higher then the rest of the fleet. As demand gew and they sold D0 920's they were even better.

I'm hoping that the 8120 will be the same story. My thinking is that they can't have produced a ton of these and as such in order to meet launch quantity they would have had to use chips that could have easily been 8150's and sell them as 8120's to meet demand. Then again maybe not as they all the same chip and just have various parts disabled.

I also ordered the 8120 from Newegg it says shipped but I'm not sure it was actually picked up today...

If it was shipped truly I will have it Friday as Ground UPS always takes 2 days from CA to AZ from the egg.

Back