• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded automated cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istariol

hi...i wanna start build cooling system but don't do it by myself! someone with experienced with this kind of things will do it for me....still theory but i have find the big picture when i talk to someone who can build some cooling system that use cold gas which same density like DICE who don't leaved water mark (just trace of cold ice build from the gas)...so umm i if the theory match with my needs...i will start to meet the person itself and make the cooling system (the person said that he can build with the timer or auto setting which can sprayed cold gas in a hurry) but i still wanna see the hardware or things that made this....what do you all think?? this is few of my pic rig....i'v thinking to breeze the cooler processor itself with this system cooling...in contrary i just added this system into or inside my casing and i rather not changing all parts inside my rig...can it helped to cool down the processor itself IF i only icing the cooler processor?? can the cold from the cooler processor i spray reach the processor to cool it down????? i know it's just only theory but it's little bit safer than i use or experiment with chemical and mod the motherboard with insulation...because i'm totally newbie, this is my first rig that i'v build myself with my own money and i don't wanna ruin it with my stupidity or ignorance....:( can anyone help me to explained or give solution to my theory? ;)

Attachments

• Photo0931.jpg
    Photo0931.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Photo0929.jpg
    Photo0929.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 106
Gotta have a bit of patience is all, I've been at work all morning for instance!

The big downside to any form of below-ambient cooling is that water and ice will condense out of the air onto the cold parts. Ice isn't really an issue, but water very much is, and of course ice will melt and turn into water if you give it a chance.

The basic idea of what you're thinking about has been done with "canned air", turn it upside down and you have liquid R134a, which is quite cold indeed.
Aim that liquid at the heatsink for a while and it'll get quite cold indeed and cool the CPU down nicely as well.

The difficulty (beyond condensation) is that you'll use up a $3 can of r134a quite quickly, so it's an expensive method in the long term.

It looks like you want a Phase change cooler (like an SS [Single Stage]), although if you are using things that are below freezing you will have condensation, there is no way around it.

Edit: bobnova ninja'd me! :sn:

@op, this forum isn't frequented nearly as much as the other ones, so you have to give us some patience to get to your post (it's only been 4 hours since your original post).

.....sorry guys! it me to be fault to not know....i'm little bit anxious to do it as soon as possible to mod case of mine....again bobnova!? r134a beside this...is there anything i can find to spray cold breeze into my cooler processor?? CO2 maybe?? they are cold to ain't they?? if you see my cooler has two fans yes?? they have one way circulation which is i wanna put it like this...what is the most reliable, economic, efficient and easy to found anywhere also easy to buy gas cannister?? give me few options for me to search it in my town okay?! sorry for my rant before guys....please help me!! thanks before:D

Attachments

• prometheus2.jpg
    prometheus2.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Prometheus1.jpg
    Prometheus1.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 77
what is the phase change cooler janus???? i though that this type of gas can't become water.....is it same like DICE?? or Pelt?? which is i knew this two become gas and won't leave watery mark.....??

http://www.overclockers.com/an-introduction-to-extreme-cooling/

should give you a bit of information to get you started.

I personally am not aware of a way to used compressed air in an automated fashion to keep your temperatures down. You also won't be able to avoid water/condensation, as we pointed out if you go below freezing dewpoint (dependent on your environment) you will have ice/condensation that forms, it's just physics/science.

Last edited:
It's not below freezing when the condensation occurs, it's when a surface gets below the dewpoint, dew can form on that surface. At or below freezing is when that dew becomes ice.

Phase change can be a 24/7 setup. Conformal and insulation is needed. It will use quite a bit of power, and can be loud.

so my biggest problem is this called condensation or icing that somehow according what mattery i use it will leaves water trace.....in case of that!! i will searching and experiment what object of gas i needed....for matt! so this theory looks like 50/50 which is can be made or not.....i will try find way to make this cooling system be more packed, small for easy to use (one of my friend who expert in tech and electric said battery travel charger would be fine as the size it self are small enough to carry on) i will try to make quick meeting with few friends then....thanks bobnova, janus and matt

Condensation is what happens on a nice cold beer when you take it out of the fridge, the beer bottle/can is much colder than the air around it, and pulls water out of the air.

If you get your CPU cold enough, water will try to form on it. How you get it cold doesn't really matter.
That's why for extreme cooling we use various forms of insulation to keep the water away from the stuff that water kills.

So what you actually want is a phase change system as its already been pointed out. However, Im pretty sure that what he is suggesting is actually more akin to an innercooler like you find on a subaru. They blast add on coolant to the metal to improve its performance. In the case of the engines were talking about water, what you want is a sub ambient gas. While plenty of these gasses exist you do not want a system like this.

You are loosing your coolant constantly.
Excess gas buildup can be toxic.
You still have to deal with condensation on your metal surfaces as they will also be sub ambient even though the gas itself is gone.

Phase coolers are cool but I certainly wouldnt run one as a 24/7 system. I could see a WC loop thats insulated with a phase change chiller that you could run only when you need it. All in all man unless your looking to get into overclocking for the simple purpose of doing or join a benching team sub ambient cooling is not worth even looking at.

:eh?:this theory looks like hard than i think:rain: i'v learn so much with a few postings by you all....:attn: talk with:grouphug:is good and educational rather that do it by yourself:fight:and thinking imaginative:temper::bang head.....thanks guys for all the informations you all give! i will reconsider what best for me:D if the solution for all of these ruckus is only changing the cooler processor itself then i will do it change mine into better one :thup:

Back