• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saphirre Radone HD 5970 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evolution069

Hi community, i have a strange problem with my radeon hd 5970.

I usually play everything at 8x AA for any game. With the BF3 beta, I had to restrain myself and then I started to test my card at 4x AA.

The problem is, every game I play at 4x AA, it crash after 1 minute and I have a blue screen of death. However this does not happen at 2x AA or 8x AA. This is strange. since 8x AA stress up the card a lot more. I didn't notice it because I always played evething at 8x AA on a 1920 x 1200 monitor.

Here my rig
CPU: i5 750 OC at 4.1ghz(water cooled)
Ram: Kingstong KVR 8gb
Mobo: Asus p7p55d
GPU: Sapphire hd 5970 2gb with Aero fan.
PSU Antec True Power 750

Any hints or idea why this happen?

Sounds like you have corrupted video drivers...

Fully uninstall and delete the current video drivers (from registry and directory) and then install the current revision and see how it goes.

Also BF3 may be a little buggy for a while.

Sounds like you have corrupted video drivers...

Fully uninstall and delete the current video drivers (from registry and directory) and then install the current revision and see how it goes.

Also BF3 may be a little buggy for a while.

Hi Kings, I forgot to mention that I did a fresh install of windows 7 64bit with the latest driver (11.9). I also tried a fresh install of the drive a second time using Driver Sweeper following the removal instruction.

This behavior happened in any game. Not only in BF3 beta. As soon as i'm streesing the card at 4x AA..... i got the BSOD like 1 minutes after sometime sooner. (not a heating issue since my card run at 49-56 when stressed with 8x AA)

How does it do in 3Dmark vantage? Can you run the performance and extreme settings?

How does it do in 3Dmark vantage? Can you run the performance and extreme settings?

I tried in the past and I think so, I didn't reinstall 3dmark yet. I will as soon i come back home.

However, I ran Heaven 2.5 at 1920x1200 16x AF and 8x AA and the benchmark worked fine. Same with 2x AA but at 4x AA it crashed(BSOD) as expected.

I'll try also to open a ticket to Sapphire about this. I have the default vbios on the card. i never flashed it.

maybe you need to roll back the drivers to the previous version.. newer ones don't always work as advertised.. I've hd to roll back a few times due to odd issues like that

Have you tried flashing the BIOS on the card to sapphire's OC version? I did that and it seemed to help for me with quirky performance and random BSODs

Back