• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand new msi frozr3 6950 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carrot

Got this card yesterday(msi 6950) and i have a massive problem, i not sure if its just me being a spaz or its broken out of the box.

i had ati 5770 so befor i put my new card in i unistalled all the ati drivers on my pc, i then take the 5770 out an plug my new 6950 in. i boot into windows everything looks great. so i install the new ati rage performace graphics drivers because i really want to play rage without it looking compeltely ****ed. once the drivers were installed i went into the control center and had a look at the overclock section to see the temps and fan speed, i put the fan speed up by 10% to see if it would get loud when i start gaming.

After i put the fan speed up by 10% my graphics card crashed(purple and blue squares everywhere) and did the auto recovery, then again and again and again until i got a blue screen. so i had to put my other card back in to uninstall the drivers.

(This is the part that confuses me)
After i had no drivers i put the new card back in, but this time it seemed that it was detecting the drivers even tho i had just uninstalled them(GPU z was showing 11.9 drivers), so i checked it out and could play games fine had none of that lag i should get when i dont have any drivers installed. (im thinking windows did one of its auto driver downloads????)

so just befor i went to bed i downloaded and installed the 11.9 ati control center package, 5seconds after the install was done i was getting the purple and blue squares and the auto recover constantly, i just have to turn the pc off i dont have time to click anything befor it crashs again.

Never had a problem like this before, im so confused :S

PC spec
windows 7
i7 875k
corsair dominator 4gb(x2gb sticks)
Asus P7P55D-E
corsair 850W psu
western digital raptor 74gb(primary)

try sweeping out all the drivers of the card,there are freewares for that, and reinstall the driver, if you still get problems after clean driver installation, rma it

Back