• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone having issues with CPUZ and Windows8 Beta?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennoculus

Hey guys,

Just figured I'd ask this quick question.
I am trying to use Windows 8 for some benchmark testing (3DMark benchmarks, if anyone is wondering). However, I have found that none of my versions of CPUZ work. Everytime I launch CPUZ my computer just locks up, makes it so I cannot click anything - my system becomes completely unresponsive and I have to shut it down by holding the power button.

I've tried the standalone app, I've tried the setup.exe method. I've tried versions: 1.56, 1.57.1, 1.58.

I've also tried running CPUZ (all the versions I have - listed above) in "Compatibility" mode. I've tried XP compatibility mode, Vista compatibility mode, and Windows 7 compatibility mode. None of them worked.

I even did some Googling and found that CPUZ is indeed compatible with the Windows 8 Beta.

Oh, and last thing, I forgot to mention I am turning off the "Metro" features manually within the OS. Could that have anything to do with it?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Back