• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with phenom ii x4 975 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuhka

Bought this last week and read that it is easy to overclock coz it's black edition.

I tried just to increase vcore voltage to 1,45 and change multiplier to get cores run @ 4,0 ghz. It's really unstable, always when i start to play like, uhm, red orchestra 2 I get blue screen. I dont know what I am doing wrong, but my friend said I should get it to work with 4.3 ghz easily.

What should I do? :(

My specs are here:
AMD Phenom II x4 975 BE
M4A75TD-M EVO
8192 MBytes, DDR3, DRAM freq 666,7mhz, NB freq approx 2000 Mhz
Radeon HD 6850 1024 MBYTES, GDDR5

You're probably going to need additional northbridge voltage given you're running all 8 banks. Also your vcore is a smidge low for the clocks you want. You will see some people @ 4 using what you have but realistically most people @ 4 including myself were in the 1.52 range (I had a 1090T)

Also your friend is unrealistic; 4.3 is high... VERY high for a BE. It is highly unusual for most AMD chips to hit over 4 unless they are either @ ambient or sub zero as the SOI they use to fab these chips is highly sensitive to heat.

Okay, im gonna slightly increase NB voltage, and core voltage to 1,5 (Is it safe ?) And check if I get any bluescreen after that.

Thanks for help.

Got bluescreen again :bang head

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary proseccor withing the allocated time interval

wat do ?:shrug:

Try this:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...4-975-black-edition-processors-review-16.html

and

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...st-of-Overclocks&highlight=phenom+ii+database

From Link Above said:

With all due respect you're probably hitting your chip's wall. It's different for every chip and the 8 banks you're running will put additional stress on it. I think what it comes down to is your friend made you believe that by not hitting 4 you failed and didn't do a good job at overclocking. Which couldn't be further from the truth; what he gave you as a ballpark figure is unrealistic; he either has a gem chip and therefor has no other reference to go off of or he doesn't actually own an AMD platform and is unaware of the typical scenerios most people actually get.

I mean you can tell from the graphs I listed above; you are well within the typical overclock range. He just gave you the upper end outliers that aren't representitive of actual overclocks. If you look up there you can see my listing @ 3.6 @ 1.45v on an old 940BE I had prior to my 1090T. Back then that was considered a good overclock.

Last edited:
Set your CPUNB voltage to about 1.3. Don't confuse the chipset NB with the CPUNB.

Not sure if this post is still going, but I have the AMD Phenom II x4 975BE on MSI NF980-G65 mobo w/ 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz. My cooler of choice was the Corsair H60 Hydrocooler and it do a fantastic job in cooling my 975BE @ 4.1Ghz. I've tried clocking the 975BE to 4.2Ghz but its not stable, it'll run for a bit than BSOD on me. So from my experience, the max OC on this CPU on Corsair H60 is 4.1Ghz. With air cool(Zalmen 9000 @ max fan speed), I'll get BSOD @ 4.0Ghz.

My Specs,

MSI NF980-G65 (Overclock switch on stock.. All Overclock are done in BIOS)
AMD AM3 Phenom II x4 975BE @ 4.1Ghz @ 1.465v
Corsair H60 CPU cooler
Corsair 4x4gb Vengeance 1600Mhz @ 1600Mhz
eVGA GTX 460se : GPU clock @ 900Mhz, Mem Clock @ 1900Mhz, Volt @ 1012mv
2x Western Digital Velociraptor 74gb
1x Western Digital Blue 320gb
1x Western Digital Green 1Tb
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD-R combo
NZXT LCD fan controller
All power on an Antec 650watt 80+ Modulated (Soon to be replace by : Corsair AX1200)
All house in a Corsair Obsidian 800D

Benchmark result

Heaven Benchmark = 1397
3DMark11 = P3023

**NOTE** For the 975BE, anything above 4.1Ghz will need a H100 or DICE/NO2 for extreme OC.

Attachments

• CPUz @4.1ghz.JPG
    CPUz @4.1ghz.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 414
  • CPUz Ram.JPG
    CPUz Ram.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
9 months and zero responses from the thread starter, could easily qualify the thread as effectively dead.

:welcome: to the forums. If you need help it is most generally best to begin your own thread. These older ones seldom get many looks at.

Good luck and happy computering.

Man, this thread was started in October of 2011.

Last edited:
9 months and zero responses from the thread starter, could easily qualify the thread as effectively dead.

:welcome: to the forums. If you need help it is most generally best to begin your own thread. These older ones seldom get many looks at.

Good luck and happy computering.

Thank you.. I love computers and overclocking them. I work on network storage for a living. I'm normally be on the forum called new tech horizon.

Sorry man hardly have time to think. I must travel 200 plus miles to my dad's 90th birthday celebration and don't have time to look up the cure now in detail.

That error has occurred more than just one or two times and wish you knew for sure it was the clock interupt thing for sure and could start a thread saying that was the error in title and someone could help you pretty quick.

The fact you throttle back and it is okay tickles a sleeping brain cell that not enough vcore and thus very edge of instability is where you were and the interupt error thing popped up.

Sorry for my hurry man but maybe someone will see this thread this AM since I have replied back and give you more help. You say you are okay at 4.1Ghz so no real rush at this instant in time.

Gottta haul my ole booty out of here. Some of you guys look up that old error and give him a hand. RGone...ster.

That BSOD as well as code 0x00000124 = add more vcore
Or less CPU frequency...
Or less temperature.

Seeing that you don't have it anymore when you back down to 4.1, that is the problem. If it doesn't scale with more vcore (usually 0.05v per 100 MHz gained, then drops off exponentially), you are out of luck.

Back