• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock'en and Rock'en with DICE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Mods, If I've posted this in the wrong place please move it to right place. TJ

This is in the right place TJ. Feel free to continue to update on your sub-zero adventures; we really like seeing new team members jump into the deep end from the get go. :thup:

PS: I see my name on there a few times. <---- Happy. :D

I hate to burst your bubble, but you've fallen into a classic newbie trap.
You have one i7 930, not 8.
Either edit the submission to 1x 930 or delete and resubmit. That should still be a good score, though likely not #1. It may actually give more HW points submitted correctly.

We've all done it.

The screenshot needs the subtest details and CPUz and GPUz too if I'm not mistaken.

I see, I read where it asked how many cores so I clicked 8 threads. I'll resubmit it. LOL

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but you ran 3DMark 05 and submitted your score as PCMark 05. Both the old and new submissions are wrong. :(

WoW, Will HWBot fix this?
Seba, I see your a real pro at Sub-Zero, do you think I could get lower temps with my setup? I'm using Dry Ice and a small amount of Acetone, I've only been able to hit -66c. TJ

WoW, Will HWBot fix this?
Seba, I see your a real pro at Sub-Zero, do you think I could get lower temps with my setup? I'm using Dry Ice and a small amount of Acetone, I've only been able to hit -66c. TJ

- HWBot will not fix that. You need to go back to the HWBot site, delete those two submissions and then re-submit to the right category.

- I would not say I'm a "Pro" at sub-zero benching. I've done it a few times, but I'm not a "Pro" yet. :D -66C seems in the ballpark; although you should be seeing -70C when the CPU is not "Loaded" (read; when the CPU is at Idle). I would check to see that your thermometer is calibrated so it shows the "true" temperatures. The easiest way to check this is to get a bunch of ice cubes, crush them and dump that into a jar with water in it... Put your probe into the mix and let the temps settle for a few seconds... If your thermometer reads anything but 0C, you need to calibrate it.

OK, I deleted "PC Mark 05" submissions and submitted "3D Mark 05" :) Thanks

Next time I run DICE I'll check Idle temps and my thermometer, hopefully I'll hit -70c :)

All 2D and 3D01 is for XP.

All 3D outside of 3D01 is for Win7

Thank You Dolk, I have a copy of XP around here somewhere, I'll keep looking, looks it may come in handy. LOL

Last edited:
Back