• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skyrine

I'm hoping somebody could point me in the right direction here to start overclocking..

I have an Asus Sabertooth 900fx, 1090t, 16GB of Corsair Vengence Ram. I have a modded Corair h60 for cpu.

Specifically with the 1090t, is it better to go with a lower mutiplier and higher FSB? I know you can get this processor up to 4.2 easy. I would love to be able to get that stable. Any any tips for adjusting the voltage for CPU/NB?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

No point in manipulating the fsb as this just complicates overclocking. Use the CPU multiplier to go as far as you can go with stock CPU voltage, increasing the multiplier .5x at a time while running 20 minute Prime95 tests after each increase. When you can't pass the test, begin raising the CPU voltage by small increments up to a max of about 1.475 as long as core temps don't exceed 55C and repeat the process. Monitor for core temps with HWMonitor after each CPU voltage increase. When you start to hit a wall, raise the HT Link multiplier and the CPUNB multiplier into the 2600-2800 mhz range and give the CPUNB voltage a bump to about 1.225. When you sense your are reaching a max overclock speed, test with Prime95 blend for at least two hours to confirm stability.

Thanks alot for the quick responses I really appreciate it..I cant wait to go home and fiddle around with it :)

Please put your system specs in detail in your "Sig".

Attachments

• Sig.JPG
    Sig.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 616
Thanks alot for the quick responses I really appreciate it..I cant wait to go home and fiddle around with it :)

I just got one of these this weekend myself. Within a couple hours, I already have it up to 3.6 GHz @ 27c idle and 43c load and also haven't had to bump the voltage any yet. Loving this CPU so far.

Back