• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping For New Hdd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acidburn

The hard drive toasted itself in my girlfriends laptop so Im looking for a new one for her
Just curious what some of you would recommend

wd is on my **** list(long story but Ive had more than one of their drives that died in a year or a little less tired of the rma scenario)
never had much trouble with seagate in the past and some other companies I have never owned their stuff
don't want to go to an ssd since we are trying to be cheap lol

so any ideas that anyone might have would be great

Edit:probably should mention it has to be at least 320gb
also the one that was in there is sata 3.0 gbs and 7200 rpm

Last edited:
Ive had great success with hitachi and samsung drives. For desktops I almost exclusively buy seagate's anymore. Any of those companies would be good choices. I see that the egg has a 320GB hitachi and samsung for the same price of 44.99 right now. If it were me Id grab one of these two drives and call it a day.

All my computers combined I have 1 x 1TB, 2 x 2TB (Green) and 3 x <1TB, all Seagates. Never had a problem with them. Last year I bought a WD Green 1.5TB and I had to RMA it within a year. Maybe you should just listen to ssjwizard.

Last edited:
Sort of funny you guys recommend the same brands I was looking into haha

Thanks for the help

Back