• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Done with Standard HHD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thobel

So all of my desktops and laptops have SSD's for OS drives I got a Dell Optiplex 980 for free the other day I went about setting up windows etc I forgot how much I hate the freezes etc while Windows is booting up and man running windows update take god damn forever on this thing. Long live SSDs!

My moms Raptor X died today, had faithful 24/7 service out of it since 06 or so. She would like to borrow one of my ssd's. I gave her a 150gb 5200rpm hitachi laptop drive from a junk acer to chew on :)

Such a loveing son I am.. :thup:

So all of my desktops and laptops have SSD's for OS drives I got a Dell Optiplex 980 for free the other day I went about setting up windows etc I forgot how much I hate the freezes etc while Windows is booting up and man running windows update take god damn forever on this thing. Long live SSDs!
You should see the computers that I'm forced to interact with at work. I had a customer's computer today take 45+ seconds opening a tab in our program. On any normal computer, this is a few milliseconds. I asked if that was normal and he responded with "Meh, happens a lot".

Even just helping this guy out drove me crazy. I don't know how he deals with it on a daily basis.

I as well use SSD's. However. I think I am done with OCZ. Luck has it my, 90's are going strong but I have returned 7 30's in the last year.

I as well use SSD's. However. I think I am done with OCZ. Luck has it my, 90's are going strong but I have returned 7 30's in the last year.

I only own Intel SSD's and I'm very happy with them. I'm sure someone has a faster driver etc but Intelhas never let me down not one single issue with 7 installed.

Thankfully started to push for SSD's in our laptops here at work and finally got them now more and more are getting them. For just the little more in price you get so much more in speed.

So instead of a 250Gig SLOW HDD it will be a 128Gig SSD... much better option!

Anand put it really well; "You notice the performance of an SSD most when you take it away." I guess the point is when you start using an SSD the speed is awesome, but you get used to it. Its only when you have to sit front of a multi minute boot that you realize how awesome SSDs are. Once I can budget a 256GB SSD my 300GB raptor is going in the classies.

Back