• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Block Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodenman80

Im basically trying to find out what Block make everyone uses in the PC.

To keep it simple i will put it into a few categories.!

1-Danger Dens Maze Series e.g. maze 1 or maze 2

2.Swiftech Series

3.Becooling Series of block

4.Homemade

5.Other

Also 1 comment on the block but not a reemmmmm of info :). just its most important good/bad point..

At the end of it i will make up a little graph off the forum results mainly for my own intrest and to give newbies to it an idea on what block makers seem to be a favourite.

My odds are already on Danger Dens but prove me wrong.

First second and third blocks are homemade.
Just hooked up with an old friend who's a machinist and handed him my copper bar and spiral block plans.

So it's:#4 X3, and #5 soon.

Since it appears that you have an AthlonXP, I would recommend a DangerDen Maze2. I think the swiftech's are good blocks, but they have the annoying quick disconnects, but you can replace those with barbs (except on the new one MCW462-U). There's also the spir@l from dtek and fixittt, but its heavily backordered. If you're feeling ambitious, you could build your own.

Personally, I think the Maze2 is the best choice mainly because it performs well, has standard sized barbs, AND it can be converted to work on a Pentium4 Socket-478 with a pretty cheap hold-down plate (just incase you want to get some NW action later).

<edit> Actually, the new Swiftech waterblock can be used on both Athlons and P4s, but the quick disconnects are rather hard to remove on this block. There was a rumor that they would make a barbed version, but I'm not so sure. </edit>

<edit2> Here's a link to the new swiftech block:

http://www.swiftnets.com/MCW462-U.htm

Just incase you haven't seen the new model </edit2>

Be-Cooling jagged edge - from what I have seen, performance still seems to compare well with much more expensive w/bs out there. Finish was excellent - no complaints about it at all.

#4 homemade
and looking to make another one soon, this time using 1/2" hose

Back