• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help. gtx 570 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InSearch4I

Registered
Finally got my computer up and running. I had the b3 beta drivers installed on my evga gtx 570 sc gpu. Everything was running awesome even bf3. Today i was just watching you tube and my screen went black. I can access windows in safe mode and i can access it normally if i dont have any drivers installed. If i install the non beta drivers i get to the windows startup screen then when it should show login it goes black. Any advice?

Use safe mode to uninstall gpu drivers completely and run driver sweeper, boot into windows and install newest official drivers, also if you run msi afterburner or other overclocking program always close it out before installing/updating drivers

Last edited:
Did all that same issues. Installed a 9800gt to test and works perfectly. When i have the 570 in it shows everything in low res 640x480. Everything seems to be running fine. Cpu ram mb. Just not the card.

Yup. Clean install. Apparently i can play bf3 just not youtube lol. Tested psu. Ram cpu. Everything is running properly. Installed old gt9800 and no issues. Doesnt force 640x480 and recognizes card.

Thats funny, my 580 exhibited the same behavior and it just recently stopped. Check out my thread...

had some problems too with chrome + youtube and my system, sound was screechy and so on.
reason why this happened?
card kept being in 2D mode while playing fullscreen youtube videos.
changing drivers didn't work, most probably a stupid update from adobe with flash player.
never had a crash like you guys though.
(referring to EarthDog's thread)

Not the same issue here... i watching youtube and bam. Black screen and lockup. Restart post runs fine. See windows load logo doing its thing. Bam Black screen where login will be. Restart safe. Remove all drivers and restart. Windows loads in low resolution. Install non beta drivers and black screen on login screen. Install a 9800gt card and everything runs fine...

Do you have another pc? If install 570 in it and if issue persists RMA the card, if you describe the issue to vendor and tell him that it happens on both pc's they will send you a new card

Called evga and they had nothing for me. Told me they could rma card or i can get replacement from newegg. Called newegg and rma'd card. They over nighted me a new one and sent me ups shipping to return old. Installed new card and works perfectly since drivers are already installed for card. Faulty card for some reason

It happens, props to EVGA and newegg for top nocth customer support, that's why we love them

Back