• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus P8Z68-V pro or Asrock Z68 ex4 gen3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

I'm totally stuck for choice here :confused:
I just want the best possible mobo for overclocking ranging around the $200-250 mark

there's these 2 asrock mobos

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157231&Tpk=Asrock P67 Extreme 6 Intel P67
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

Then I have the asus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131730
I've been staring at them for the past hour, I'm gonna go nuts, someone just decide for me, maybe there's a better mobo than all of them! I don't really know right now, I'm in a rush to buy my new stuff
I'm just a mobo away from buying my parts :argue:

Last edited:
I would purchase the ASUS or Gigabyte.
I wouldn't discount Asrock just because of the brand. From what I have gathered, the quality was at one point questionable, but this is not the case anymore based on reviews, and my own experience.

I know the golden rule of overclocking is that each setup has different capabilities, even with the same model items, so this may just be a fluke, but I recently got my hands on an Asrock Extreme7 Gen3, which is only slightly above your 250 range now (price dropped from 290 to 275), and with that board and my 2600k, I have a 5GHz overclock at only 1.380 volts, and it was NOT hard to accomplish.

My advice would be to go for the Extreme7 if you don't mind paying an extra 25 dollars over what you were hoping to get away with spending.

Asrock ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155

Quote from a customer

DOA - Waiting for Tech-support Email - Boot Code Error 45 & NoVideo
Support - only available by email, no phone number to call, support works 9-5 only, no weekend support, support will only play email tag with you... the worse support i have experienced!

I received the MB and the video isn't working with a Debug code of 45. I have seen other reviews that mention this (code 45- memory) issue with ASRock MBs. Something about bad memory slots. i hope I am not going to have to pay for shipping to resolve this issue when they can not manufacture the board properly?

Asrock ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155

Quote from a customer

DOA - Waiting for Tech-support Email - Boot Code Error 45 & NoVideo
Support - only available by email, no phone number to call, support works 9-5 only, no weekend support, support will only play email tag with you... the worse support i have experienced!

I received the MB and the video isn't working with a Debug code of 45. I have seen other reviews that mention this (code 45- memory) issue with ASRock MBs. Something about bad memory slots. i hope I am not going to have to pay for shipping to resolve this issue when they can not manufacture the board properly?

Honestly, to reference one review when making a generalization about an entire product and expect it to be taken seriously is a bit ridiculous. I could find at least 2 or 3 bad reviews about just about any popular consumer product on the market. Does that mean that we should just save our money, and not buy anything?

In fairness, ASUS and Gigabyte are well established and respected brands. I never said they weren't. I was merely pointing out that I have a very nice Asrock product that I am very happy with. I would very much like to hear your positive comments about your ASUS or Gigabyte board, and why you recommend them.

However, if you are going to trash an entire other brand name, the least you could do is give some sort of substantial evidence, other than a quote from a disgruntled anonymous "customer."

Honestly, to reference one review when making a generalization about an entire product and expect it to be taken seriously is a bit ridiculous. I could find at least 2 or 3 bad reviews about just about any popular consumer product on the market. Does that mean that we should just save our money, and not buy anything?

In fairness, ASUS and Gigabyte are well established and respected brands. I never said they weren't. I was merely pointing out that I have a very nice Asrock product that I am very happy with. I would very much like to hear your positive comments about your ASUS or Gigabyte board, and why you recommend them.

However, if you are going to trash an entire other brand name, the least you could do is give some sort of substantial evidence, other than a quote from a disgruntled anonymous "customer."

I found other reviews with the same problems with that board also the same problem with customer service not helping with allot of people. When i had a problem with my Gigabyte i was abele to contact them with a phone.

Back