• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overseas Gear - Korea Help with Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imamedic24

Hi im a soldier stationed in Korea (seoul), This is a very Technologically advanced country and its easy to aquire the necessary items to build a high end Gaming PC at a Relatively low cost. My question is, If i buy a ASUS mobo in Korea will my Bios be in that language? is it possible to change that? Also what other Parts will be in that language. I AM A NEW BUILDER so don't be to hard on me. But im interested in Building a system i found here http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/gaming-desktop-computer.html (its the mid level with an extra Vid Card and a Larger Haf Case)

I think ill change that CPU to a i7 unlocked. Im already looking at some liquid cooling options that should give me a chance to OC my system pretty well.

Ive already found the i7-2600 for a decent price, however im concerned that purchasing it will make my system impossible to program if the bios and such is in The Korean Language. May sound newbish, just dont want to screw myself.

Suggestions ????

unfortunately, I don't know how Korean boards ship. I think languages are changabel within the Bios, but I don't know the defaults

When you get your board (sweet looking one BTW), at your first boot up hit delete to enter the ez bios screen. At the top right side is a drop down box that lets you select your bios display language if it's set to something besides English.
I downloaded and read the manual on your motherboard's page....suggested! It's got pictures for you to compare should the language be set at anything but English.
Next I'd update the bios before installing windows or anything else. It just makes things run smoother.

My little brother dug the Army/Korea, and for some unexplained reason he still eats Kimchi to this day! I think it smells like feet! :sly:

:welcome: to the Forums!

Last edited:
Awsome Info!

Thats great info, THanks! Is it the same for the other items i get? Ive found the Video card at a discounted price as well, I dont imagine this would cause any problems for me but im a little nervous about that, im sure i can buy the Ram and SSD without issue as well

I believe setting English as your language in bios causes most other programs to set to English by default, unless they have a selection box during the install.
Ram and SSD doesn't care, as it's displayed by the operating system in it's chosen language anyway.

If the video card doesn't come with an English manual, there's usually one for download on the maker's web page.

Back