• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multiple usb headsets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BradTN

So i have a maybe dumb question. Im gonna have 2 usb headsets very soon then Logitech G930 7.1 wireless and the Corsair 1500 wired 7.1 set. Is it going to be possible to run both in terms of listening to the audio on the pc? I ask because Im gonna be playing bf 3 with some friends and cant get to loud in the apartment :) lol thanks guys

With windows 7 you can even somewhat pick what you want to use them for here.

windows_sound_devices.jpg

Not sure if you can run both at the same time though, that might be somthing you may want to look at in the options of the program you plan on using both at the same time with. I do know in that sound setting tab you can pick one or the other but the only way I have even been able to use two outputs on mine at the same time was by setting one as the windows default and setting a program like WMP to the other. That still is not what you are thinking.

But on the other hand, if the headsets are identical,, windows may recognize them as one indistinguishable device and output to both.

:shrug: It's hard to say though for sure.

ya cause right now, I cant even output to both my headset and the realtek digital output optical. I currently only have the G930 headset on me, waiting for the Corsair 1500 set to come in on tuesday

Wish I could think of something but unless you were to go with the regular headphone type plug in's I think there would need to be some kind of software to tell windows to send sound to both. it really is hard to say though. As the only experience I have is with the two outputs I have (tv and digital)

Back