• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

285.62 drivers released (for BF3 also).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Nvidia has released its WHQL drivers for retail BF3 (285.62).

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 285 family of drivers. You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

Code:
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 285.62

This is the recommended driver for Battlefield 3. It contains several performance and compatibility enhancements for the final release of the game. Check here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.
This is also the recommended and enhanced driver for Batman: Arkham City and RAGE. Check here to see if your PC is ready for Batman: Arkham City
Contains a fix for the driver timeouts reported with the R285 beta drivers.
New in R285 Drivers

Performance

Increases performance for GeForce 400 and 500-series GPUs in several PC games vs. v280.26 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 580:
Up to 6% in Battlefield 3
Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Up to 7% in Civilization V with SLI
Up to 5% in Crysis 2 DX11 with SLI
Up to 7% in F1 2010 with SLI
Up to 5% in Lost Planet 2 with SLI
Up to 5% in Mafia 2 with SLI
Up to 13% in Metro 2033 with SLI
Up to 8% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat with SLI
Up to 5% in StarCraft 2
GeForce GTX 560:
Up to 4% in Bulletstorm
Up to 5% in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with SLI
Up to 11% in Battlefield 3
Up to 6% in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Up to 5% in Crysis 2 DX11 with SLI
Up to 7% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
Up to 7% in F1 2010 with SLI
Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
Up to 5% in Lost Planet 2 with SLI
Up to 4% in Mafia 2 with SLI
Up to 7% in Metro 2033 with SLI
Up to 11% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat with SLI
Up to 7% in StarCraft 2

tbh this is a war i cannot win =(

they released them when i was on my way back home.

With this driver... anyone else getting a blackscreen that lasts a few seconds... turns back on, and then says it recovered from an error?

Win7 x64
GTX 460

I had that with previous drivers including this one on a bad 580 matrix though.

With this driver... anyone else getting a blackscreen that lasts a few seconds... turns back on, and then says it recovered from an error?

Win7 x64
GTX 460

I've been having it for the last Beta and now this version, on a 560 ti.

eric

Did anyone else notice a temperature drop on gtx2xx series cards? On my gtx295 as well as my 2 gtx260s while running folding at home temps used to be in the mid 90s now none of the cards break 85c

I didn't notice this on my gtx460s
However they are not doing that driver recover black screen thing though that unijabnx2000 or ElricM are experiencing

Win7 x64
GTX 460

Not at all, I used them on my previous install and I just reinstalled windows over the weekend and haven't received it with my 580.

Back