• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k / Z68XP-UD4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simviatoR

Going for x50 next - I had set 1.39v in bios with LLC lvl 6 and went straight to x49.. passed with flying colors.

OYdqw.jpg

Yes in that you need more voltage to run a CPU with HT enabled.

Interesting, I'll give that a shot.

I'm not sure if its AIDA64 or the UD4.. but my voltages are very inconsistent.. for instance in the photo above, I was actually running 1.38v with LLC level 6 which give me an idle voltage of 1.416 and that dropped to 1.404v during load.

Now if I bump voltage up to say 1.39v, with the same LLC level.. I may see 1.416 at idle, and 1.428v at load?

SOunds about right, thats what LLC does is compensate for Vdroop.

Right, I would expect it to idle at 1.416v and drop to 1.404v at load which is almost perfect to me.. but for me to bump voltage up a bit then have it loading at a higher volt than at idle?

Hahah.. alright - this is my first board with extensive LLC options.

I would like some predicibility especially if i want to just raise voltage a little bit to achieve stability.. not have it totally out of wack on the same level LLC.. learning curve for me :)

Nice chip, wonder what it would take if you had hyperthreading turned on though :p

Good temps for 5ghz and a good low voltage as well.

I've got it down to 1.428v idle and 1.416v at load.. but when playing battlefield3, i notice the voltage goes up to 1.440v.

would this be safe to play with for a few hours daily? (about 3-5 hours of usage?)

It might get worse. Try to run a few light threaded applications and monitor how much voltage it shoots up to.

Scratch that.. it does hit 1.464v.. :\ why does it do that with simple programs, but not with prime95/linx?

Yup! That confirmmed my finding on this POST.
This voltage spikes due to various level of LLC used.

LLC is a must have feature and I do use on all previous generations until SandyBridge came along with its new Multi-Level LLC.

Why lower load voltage is lower when using Prime or under heavy load?
Under heavy load all cores were used....light load...IMO it has to do with Turbo or power savings feature.
I can't tell if this is good or bad until someone has proper equipments for analysis.

You can lower to level 5 LLC to put curb on that spike...but must raise vcore for stability of current state.

For SandBridge, I like to use offset voltage mode...without LLC.

Last edited:
LLC set to 5, 1.380v idle, 1.368 load.

After this I was able to get to 1.344v under load for more than 25 passes with linx but cut the test short to do some repairs to a friends computer. I will do it again tomorrow and take a screenie.

etMdx.jpg

Back