• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BossBorot

[BACK IN STOCK] 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Very time limited! Limit one per customer carries full warranty through Samsung free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152245R

Edit: This deal has come back three days in a row now at or close to 4:12 PM PST. If you missed out and want to order one check back around that time for a better shot at one.

Last edited:
DONE!

Also, I love you.

I was thinking about my storage needs today (actually right when I saw this) and how I really wanted another one of these. Saw the normal price went back up to $110 on Newegg and that made me sad. $80 off? Ok!

While I know not the best place for this question, how noticeable will something like this be for a pure storage drive? I know these "green" drives are slower than "higher end" mechanical hard drives, but as storage will there be a noticeable difference? I have all applications on my SSD's, and just have files on my 1TB WD Black (which I think has something wrong with it, it hangs too much, but that's another issue). Now accessing things like music/movies, will there be a noticeable difference going from the WD Black to a "green" drive?

I never noticed a difference. Sequential transfer speeds are pretty close, so for larger files loading it up is about the same. Now that SSDs are more affordable, I think there's less and less need for high performance spinning drives in the desktop user space.

In for... 1 + 1 cancellation notice. I ordered two, one each on separate orders. I expect one will get cancelled.

While I know not the best place for this question, how noticeable will something like this be for a pure storage drive? I know these "green" drives are slower than "higher end" mechanical hard drives, but as storage will there be a noticeable difference? I have all applications on my SSD's, and just have files on my 1TB WD Black (which I think has something wrong with it, it hangs too much, but that's another issue). Now accessing things like music/movies, will there be a noticeable difference going from the WD Black to a "green" drive?
For pure storage? Never.

I never noticed a difference. Sequential transfer speeds are pretty close, so for larger files loading it up is about the same. Now that SSDs are more affordable, I think there's less and less need for high performance spinning drives in the desktop user space.

For pure storage? Never.

Thanks for the advice, it will be for pure storage, no apps will ever be launched from the drive.

In for 1, my 1TB was getting full. Can't pass up for that price :)

Edit: Nevermind, missed it. Sold out.

in stock again :)

man this is getting annoying with taking the [EXPIRED] tag away and putting it back this much

Back