• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1920x1200 (better than 1080 please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Can anyone recommend a good display that will go as high as 1920x1200? Seems all the newer LCD's stop at the TV display (1080), which is sad that that gimick has crossed over into Computer displays, which only limits them.

Anyway, I currently have an HP A7217A (Sony FW900) Monitor and looking for s pair of LCD's to compliment it, or perhaps replace it (with 3) for eyefinity. The few i found on newegg were a bit of the older ones and didnt really have stellar reviews on them.

:comp:

coming from a gdm-fw900, like I did, you are going to want a ips display as anything else would be a major step down in terms of picture quality unless your crt needs to be tuned due to age.

In the 24" range your best bet is to see if you can get a u2410 used or an Asus pro art if you want to spend more to have a less aggressive filter.

If you want side monitors to match your trinitron you may want to look for slightly smaller e-ips screens as the viewable area of that 24" is actually 22". A good match would be the u2211h or u2311h depending on which is closer physically even though they are 1080p

coming from a gdm-fw900, like I did, you are going to want a ips display as anything else would be a major step down in terms of picture quality unless your crt needs to be tuned due to age.

In the 24" range your best bet is to see if you can get a u2410 used or an Asus pro art if you want to spend more to have a less aggressive filter.

If you want side monitors to match your trinitron you may want to look for slightly smaller e-ips screens as the viewable area of that 24" is actually 22". A good match would be the u2211h or u2311h depending on which is closer physically even though they are 1080p

Its quite possible it does need it, tho it does look pretty dam good. Its developed an issue however. After it warms up, it does sharpen up, however its getting a green haze at the top center area which is bumming me out (the haze isnt there when the monitor is turned on cold)

Id reeally love to keep this thing, but its a freaking bolder to move and takes up a TON of desktop space. Plus im sure its not very friendly to my energy bill. Its just very hard to find a comparable flat panel display.

I would be happy with a 22" honestly, its just Soo hard to find a 16:10 22" display these days. This FW900 also has crazy high refresh rate, which i haven't been able to take advantage of (if i switch to it, the image quality seems to drop, not sure why)

It will be a while (proly a year or so) before i start dropping the money for more displays, but i like to get a head start on my research because im super picky and like to know what im getting.

I saw in another thread, the mention of the u2410, and while it looks pretty good, the price is pretty crazy. The u2311h wouldnt be bad i guess if i replaced the 900, but i couldnt use them in conjunction with it, as the aspect ratios would be out of whack. (16:9 does NOT look good on this monitor)

16:9 or 16:10 isnt a big deal. You like what you are used to so you will change your mind.

I have 16:10 at work and 16:9 at home. All of them are great!

If you are on a tight budget I would buy 16:9. You get more screen for the money. If you intend to play games 16:9 is more suitable.

Last edited:

I did find the display your looking for, but I also found another one close to it in specs, but not sure what the difference is, except the Ultra sharp name added to it. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Dell UltraSharp IPS-panel U2410
Dell U2412M

u2410 is older and uses a top of the line ips panel. The u2412m is quite good but a bit more budget minded vs the u2410. It uses an e-ips panel instead which is the budget ips option.

u2410 is older and uses a top of the line ips panel. The u2412m is quite good but a bit more budget minded vs the u2410. It uses an e-ips panel instead which is the budget ips option.

which version is "top of the line"? IPS-Pro? I wish the stats of the displays were more specific on which IPS they are using :|

Back