• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 Bios problems :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xofa87

Hello OC. I don't know what to do really.. I got my new computer yesterday and I tried to do some research myself in the BIOS. I saw there was a 4 OC button named: Cooling, Default, Cinema and Game.

I pressed game and suddenly my computer rebooted. I got BSOD and I had no choice but to reinstall Windows from new. When I got into windows I was meet with this:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1810/12834582.jpg

My thoughts? Bios 1 is fried.. Dead..? Im now running on bios 2 (backup I guess) ? What shalll I do ? Return the card using the RMA or can I magically get my bios 1 back again?

When I boot up, and enter bios I see that my drives are mixed up also? At my bios 1 I had my SSD and HDD1 plugged into Sata 6 GB slots, but now, in bios2 it shows my other low drives, and not the ones I had with BIOS 1?? What the heck? :confused:

Is there anything I can do to save my board? Etc revieve my bios 1 back to fully power and life and be happy?

Thanks in advance.

BIOS 1 is fine just misconfigured, but you need to reset it so that it goes back to default settings - the system is likely automatically failing over to BIOS 2. It works like this: BIOS 1 has an OC applied that the system can't run, since it doesn't work it tries to load with BIOS 2 and that works fine.

I don't know why it took 2 days for anyone to reply to you. Let us know any updates, and I hope this helps. You can't really damage anything by using automatic overclock settings - they don't apply the level of voltage necessary to kill any components.

I found my answer elswhere but thanks for your help anyway :) it seems All i had to do was to follow some guide on the official msi forum. I had my card returned by rma. Expecting it to arrive next tuesday. First thing im gonna do is to backup my bios :) thanks again

I Got my money back but i decided to give it one more chance since it seems to be a great card, so i bought it again from my retailer.

Back