• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any reccomendations on a new GTX 500 series card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

castroman

Hello All,

My current machine is in my signature.

My GTX 275 has been great however I want to upgrade it to something that will be able to handle all the great new games that are pouring out for the holiday season.

I was thinkg about maybe doing two EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

Or would it make sense for me to get 1 570 or 580? I want to spend around $500 on the card or cards.

Also before anyone says my case can't support SLI because of the size I plan on buying the side panel with the mesh window and 4 120mm fans to push cold air right onto the cards.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

the 2gb 560 Ti is a bit expensive for what it is, in my opinion the 6950 2gb is a better card where as I consider the 1gb 560 Ti to be a better buy then a 6950 1gb at current prices. Also there are rumors going around that a 565 is coming out under the 560 Ti core 448 or something similar which is basically a 570 with one block disabled. On top of that 1gb seems to be not enough memory wise for emerging games and sli does not scale as well as crossfire.

Basically with all of this put together I consider current 560 Ti cards to be a bad buy at current prices.

Personally I would go 2x 6950 2gb but if you want to go nVidia single card 580 would be good. However if you want two cards you are looking at the 560 Ti may have big changes coming.

I would say 2x 1GB 560TI's and overclock both so they are almost equal to stock 570's. :)

Back