• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Level 10gt build - first time dipping into WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sf_rodrigo

Registered
Instead of hijacking the other thread about the Level 10gt i figured i will start my own thread.
First off, thanks to all the folks that have already given great advice and help.
My intention for this build is simple.
  • I want to give WC a try, for fun.
  • Would like a somewhat quiet setup
  • I enjoy the looks of WC and this particular case
  • I just needed a new machine

Here is the part list i am using
Build:
Intel Core i7-2600K
GeForce GTX 580
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0)
COUGAR SX850 COUGAR-SX850 850W
Crucial M4 256GB SATA III
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB
Thermaltake Level 10 GT

Water cooling components
CPU - Koolance CPU-370
Video - Koolance VID-NX580 (GeForce GTX 580/570)
Rad #1 - XSPC EX120 - with Gentle Typhoon 120mm - 1850RPM
Rad #2 - XSPC EX240 - with Gentle Typhoon 120mm - 1850RPM
Rad #3 - XSPC RX120 - with Gentle Typhoon 120mm - 1150RPM X2 in push pull
Res - Koolance RP-402X2 Dual 5.25
Pump - Swiftech MCP35X
Tubing - Primochill PrimoFlex Pro LRT White Tubing -3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD
Fittings - Compression Enzotech Fittings
PT nuke

So far, so good.
Got a all the build components and set them up to ensure they all work.
Put in my CPU and GPU water blocks, and took out all the non needed fans form the case.
Took care of all the wire management i am going to do for now (maybe will do more in phase 2 hehe)
Just waiting for the rads, and then will be ready to start the fun WC portion.
Here are 2 quick phone photos of the current state of the build.

Attachments

• WP_000407.jpg
    WP_000407.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 815
  • WP_000411.jpg
    WP_000411.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 795
I registered just to reply! Looking good! I just got my snow edition too. Saving up for my WC parts now, and have begun a bit of sleeving. Cant wait to see how your's turns out, and how you find room for the cables behind the case!

Rads are in, and put in the tubing.
Doing the leak testing now.
A few things i learned.
1) The top and back rad, can't fit the back rad with the fitting on top, there is just not enough room with the 240 and the fans, so i had to install the 120 with the fittings down.
2) Going to need at least one 90deg fitting, which i didn't plan for. Which is why you see me going from top of my video card and loop back down to my 120 rad on the bottom. will order the 90 and put in later next week.
here are some photos.

DSC_5336.JPG
DSC_5340.JPG
DSC_5342.JPG

I'm loving the build there rodrigo! I just happened to be getting a level 10 GT snow edition in a few days also and I am looking to install WC too (my first time). I am wondering if 2 rads is enough for my setup (120mm (2 fans) and a 120mm (1 fan))? I'm going to be cooling my CPU/GPU. The XSPC (EX) rads you picked there, do they fit fine without any modification to the case? Also, is there a reason you picked the Swiftech MCP35X over the MCP655? Sorry to bomb you with so many questions...but what's a PT Nuke?

My build is:
Intel i7 2600k
AMD Radeon HD 6990
AsRock Z68 Professional Gen 3
G.Skills Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x4)
OCZ 120GB SSD Sata III
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Series 1200W

I'm loving the build there rodrigo! I just happened to be getting a level 10 GT snow edition in a few days also and I am looking to install WC too (my first time). I am wondering if 2 rads is enough for my setup (120mm (2 fans) and a 120mm (1 fan))? I'm going to be cooling my CPU/GPU. The XSPC (EX) rads you picked there, do they fit fine without any modification to the case? Also, is there a reason you picked the Swiftech MCP35X over the MCP655? Sorry to bomb you with so many questions...but what's a PT Nuke?

My build is:
Intel i7 2600k
AMD Radeon HD 6990
AsRock Z68 Professional Gen 3
G.Skills Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x4)
OCZ 120GB SSD Sata III
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Series 1200W

Take a look at the stikies on the forum, they have quite a bit of info on rads/heat its what i used to make my final choice.
Also i am really new to WC so my opinion here not one to rely opn yet :)
there are more experinced folks on this forum that can chime in.
The EX rads so far are working well, plus they fit, the RX do no fit up top, but the 120 does fit fine on the bottom, i got it with 2 fans down there.
Temps so far are great, will post more on that later.
the pump, after i read this
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/02/25/swiftech-mcp-35x-reservoir/
i was sold that it would work great for my setup, plus i liked the idea of PWM, which is working well.
PT nuke is a biocide, its a addetive for the water in your loop that prevents orginics to grow. Its in the stickies as wel.
gl

Thank you!
Sorry, I am a total newbie, haha.
I think I'll be going with the Swiftech MCP35X too. I'm hearing better reviews on the 35X compared to the 655.
Yeah, sorry. I just found out what the PT nuke is! So do you use it in the distilled water or just add a few drops to the reservoir?
Last question! Is your pump in the Koolance reservoir?

Thank you!
Sorry, I am a total newbie, haha.
I think I'll be going with the Swiftech MCP35X too. I'm hearing better reviews on the 35X compared to the 655.
Yeah, sorry. I just found out what the PT nuke is! So do you use it in the distilled water or just add a few drops to the reservoir?
Last question! Is your pump in the Koolance reservoir?

after my loop was bleed and running well, I added some pt nuke. I kept track of how how much water I added and added the proper amount of nuke.
Yup I mounted my pump to he res, its one of the reasons I got that res. I'll post more later.

Last edited:
Nice rig st_rodrigo!

And I'd like to congratulate you, your one that did it pretty much on his own and didn't need his hand held every step of the way. You did your homework, assesed your needs, and built it.

Nice rig st_rodrigo!

And I'd like to congratulate you, your one that did it pretty much on his own and didn't need his hand held every step of the way. You did your homework, assesed your needs, and built it.

:D thanks! Its loads of fun to learn something new.
I ran my first bench mark today, not sure i did it right, but here goes.
I ran Prime 95 and Heaven GPU at the same time for ~30 mins
My home office room temp is about 20C.
CPU idle: 27
CPU load: 48
GPU idle: 24
GPU load: 36

How do these look?
Here is an image or the temps right at the end of the run.

temps.JPG

That looks beautiful! I have one of the original Level 10 GT cases and I am thinking of doing something similar, but I have 2X GTX580s (They generally say to have 1X120mm rad for each item you are cooling)
I am thinking of having 2 loops running (one UV green and one UV blue) for the CPU/GFX cards, but otherwise pretty much the same set up.
One thing I would suggest is getting some individually sleeved cables - NZXT make beautiful white ones that would fit in beautifully with the white tubing for the WC, Mind you, it isn't a necessity for you because you have done a GREAT job at hiding all the cables!
Once again, Great Job!

Thanks ,good info, looks good and a pretty rig. No, it won't get the peeps for sex into your flat. Well done. Your addicted now. My mention of an SLI fiting that you already knew about is on your mind for the 6 month drain and refill isn't it?

Or maybe a new super pump with a plaid res and a rad that uses hyperspace.

Yep. Me too. Nice job, glad we could help.

Thanks everyone for all the help.
phase 1 is complete now.
got my 45s yesterday, put them in and leak tested overnight.
here are a couple of shots of how i bled my system and the final product
001.jpg
005.jpg
012.jpg
016.jpg

hello guys i just registered today, i just bought this same case today and fired it up, currently using it. i wish the red stripe on the right hand side actually lit up with led's...kind of pointless for that red stripe if the fans can change multi colors...but oh well only con about this case so far...

question: im looking to WC my pc i also love the look on it! is this case one of the best cases to use with water cooling? i figured because its so huge and i could almost fit two mobo's in it :) anyway i know nothing about overclocking but id love to overclock my cpu the next time i buy a new one. im running a e8400 currently.

is water cooling better than air when talking about over clocking? also id like to have a water cooler setup that glows red. trying to keep this case all red themed. any insite? looking to spend around the 300$ ball park.

hello guys i just registered today, i just bought this same case today and fired it up, currently using it. i wish the red stripe on the right hand side actually lit up with led's...kind of pointless for that red stripe if the fans can change multi colors...but oh well only con about this case so far...

question: im looking to WC my pc i also love the look on it! is this case one of the best cases to use with water cooling? i figured because its so huge and i could almost fit two mobo's in it :) anyway i know nothing about overclocking but id love to overclock my cpu the next time i buy a new one. im running a e8400 currently.

is water cooling better than air when talking about over clocking? also id like to have a water cooler setup that glows red. trying to keep this case all red themed. any insite? looking to spend around the 300$ ball park.

To the sticky with ye, also, be careful about threadjacking, but more importantly, read the sticky.

okay my bad, i didnt mean to high jack a thread. i just wanted to say love the case so far and im liking the water cooling. once again my bad!

okay my bad, i didnt mean to high jack a thread. i just wanted to say love the case so far and im liking the water cooling. once again my bad!

no sweat, this thread is wrapping up, so you can take it off topic, where you've really gotta be careful is on brand new threads.

and now with some overclock goodness

And to really end this thread, i did a little over clocking on the system today and here are the results.
Juyst running Prime95 and Heaven at the same time.

OC to 4.7
CPU: 25/66 (Idle/Load)
GPU: 22/37 (Idle/Load)

Room is about 20ish tonight

Idle reading 30 minutes after completing the load run
idle.oc.jpg

Load readings ~30 mins after starting tests
load.oc.jpg

A huge thanks to all the helpful people on the forum.
will hit you up for more, once i get the budget for phase 2 :)

I love how you did this! I also own a Level 10 GT (not the snow one, though. Tood bad), and this had served as an inspiration as to how I'll approach my loop.

Just a couple of questions, dude:

1. Did you consider also placing a water block for the Southbridge, or would it be unnecessary already?
2. Do you think your setup will be sufficient if you go with extra gpus in SLI? I'm trying to build my loop with that in mind, and I'm considering whether to go with a dual loop or one loop with all those rads.

Back