• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gaming head set help, Sennhieser PC-333D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all, I had the Razer Carcharias head set and it wasnt a bad headset for under $100. was comfortable.

well today I had a knock on the door got up , set the headset down, came back and well, forgot I put them on my chair and sat down.. :(

I was looking at the Sennheiser Pc-333D headset. there is a store here that has a few left for $119, every where I have looked they are priced about $150. Does anyone have them? how are they? the reviews i've read seem like they are good, Also I my sound card is messed up, reason why I was going with the usb.

I haven't but i paid $30 for these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105209

Not sure what kind of features you're looking for but these sound fine to me, i mean, a head set is a head set right? My brother tells me i sound clear, iv'e had music through them before and they have a decent amount of bass, Not sure why anyone would spent more than $50 on a headset, atleast in my case all i use it for is ventrilo, i bought a $7 logitech one from walmart and it works great for my wife, i kind of like that one better if only because the Microsoft one has to be broken in, like most of them.

Other than that my brother owns this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816005

He sounds fine to me, better than cell phone quality at least, but for the extra $70 difference i'd go get a case of beer, some charcoal, steaks and a sack of potatoes and grill out, with money to spare.

What are you looking to spend? Do you want max quality sound and mic + an amplifier for it? $300 in your range?
It'll give you incredible music playback too

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132018&Tpk=xense
You get the Xonar STX (excellent card Im using it now) and top end Sennheiser headset, which has been specially tuned to work optimally with the sound card. I really suggest that product. The mic signal and the headphone signal are both amplified and sound really professional. Try one out.

well I broke down and got the pc-333D Sennhiesser set. They sound GREAT, although the ear cups are a little small, I kinda gota wiggle them to get all of my ear inside. The ear cups are smaller then the Razer Characasis set. they were a little tight on the squeeze and put pressure on my ears, but I set them over night with a plastic cup to hold them open a little more then the size of my head and now they feel great.

The USB sound card is actually very nice. it's got like a 12" cable on it, I kinda wish the USB sound card was connected to the USB plug and not have a 12" cable . The Dolby setting works great for movies and games, but with music it seems to add a little reverb.

2.0 music sounds great, all sounds are even, not over powered on the bass, or to much trebble (i tend to listen to rock, with Itunes rock eq settings).

5.1/7.1 settings for game is sweet, i was able to hear someone in COD BO or BF3 walking behind me, or outside a window to the left or right with clarity. The guns in BF3 sound AMAZING.

Software, well there really isnt any, it's just a driver and you use the sound settings in windows to set up 2.0, 4.0, 5.1 or 7.1. I just wish there was a program like creative had to set the eq for everything. instead of having to set them up in itunes, win media player.

the build quality is great, although the cable is not wrapped, it's your basic headphone cable. about 3meters long. Another thing I would have liked would be a little clip about 12" from the headset to clip it onto my shirt. The headset feels well built and more sturdy then the Razer Charcasis .

Mic, every one on vent says the mic sounds better then the Razer Charcasis. I do like the, flip the mic up and it auto mutes. I did not think I would like it at first, but it's actually easier then hitting a little switch on the cord.

Volume knob is built onto the right ear cup, just put your finger on your right ear and move one way or the other. Does not take much force, 1 finger to turn thr volume up or down.

#'s i'd give
Build Quality= 9
sound= 8 (due to the usb dolby not sounding great in music, set it at 2.0 and it's nice)
mic= 9
Comfort= 7 (untill they break in and loosen up some, and the ear cups a little small)

over all I'd give these a 8 out of 10... if your using on board sound and dont want to install a PCI or PCI-e sound card, it's def better then on board. If you have a good sound card installed, get the PC-350's or the newer PC-360.. These are Basically the PC-350 , in a new shell and package.

for $120 with free shipping, I feel these are well worth it, and def a good upgrade from on board sound and the Razer Charcasis.

I've never been let down by any Sennheiser product that cost more than $100. Razer? Let's just say I've got a broken Black Widow Ultimate and their headsets should cost wayyyy less than they do for the money they charge. Glad you like your purchase. When it comes down to it, Sennheiser is tops.

Well after using these for a month, I have to take them back. They sound amazing, but the ear cups are just to small and hurt my ears. They put to much pressure on the ears and with them being on the smaller side, it actually hurts. I also wear glass's. im going to have to swap these and get the PC-350's. I know these are comfortable but I wanted the usb sound card, I'll just get another PCI-e sound card i guess..

I picked up a G35 headset a while back.. Huge ear cups, 7.1 surround.. I'm happy with em!

Back