• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longer WU's lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dabhpr

Registered
Just wondering...

The last 4 or 5 WU's I've gotten have timed in around 4:18 for completion (cmdline client, using Setidriver to cache). I normally complete WU's in abou 3:20 - so, is anyone else getting longer completion times lately??

Thanks in advance.

dab- I don't think they can change wu size without changing the client. That's something they are working on.

Has you BIOS been reset lately? Sometimes when I have to reset the BIOS I forget something, like leaving my memory settings at default. Later I see the error in my wu's completion times.

Harvey

Yeah I've gotten more than the usual share of low angle range units lately. They definitely up your completion times. I'm just happy to have anything though.

Well the only thing that's been changed in the BIOS is that the CPU is running faster :D Watercooling rocks! :D

No changes to the memory timings, still at 2:2:2:5. (KT133A Chipset, SDRAM PC150 Cas2).

Seems to have passed. Last couple of WU's have completed in about 3:12. Must have been some really low angle WU's, I guess.

Seems like the server is getting more bandwidth - I've not gotten more than 1 WU behind in the cache, usually up to date lately.

Maybe they shut down someone's MP3 Server?? :D

Maybe Berkeley has been handing out a greater percentage of (s)low angle wu's to cut down on the frequency of people accessing the system. I'm not sure if that's possible but if it is it would probably be a good thing to do from their perspective.

Back