• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playstation Vita

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

I traded in my PSP recently because it was aging, didn't really play my games anymore and most of them i had beat already.

I was wondering if anyone knew or could find for me the way the Vita is going to use media, is it like a UMD?

Iv'e heard hear-say that it's only going to support digital downloads or something of that type? This was a while back, either that or some kind of high speed media card, not 100% sure and can't find much on it.

The reason i worry about Digital download only is because buying games on the PSN is very limited and in my case i buy Japanese imports all the time because well.. i just don't like the USA selection (mostly FPS's) If it's going to be region free and have some type of physical media then hot damn! I'll be placing my pre-order soon, if not then i'll buy a use PSP and hope better stuff comes out in japan soon.

Yup with NAND where it is $ wise this will certainly be a 'card' type system, similar to the little card type cartridge nintendo moved to. Optical drives are finally dying out. I like it. Faster seeks, lower power usage, no moving parts :). I hope this PS vita does well. IMO Sony's first handheld was a very good device and I look forward to this next iteration.

Back