• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 soc478 voltmod, BSEL mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fekas

I have an old computer that has pentium 4 3,00GHz HT with prescott core processor. It supports 800FSB. I can only overclock by changing FSB on my e-pox motherboard. I need to increase Vcore because system will be unstable when OC-ing CPU over 200MHz. But maybe it is motherboard's fault- i do not know yet.

I tried to voltmod this cpu.
I tried connecting
vid0-vid4 pins
vid0vid1
vid2-vid1
and more...

But i only got in one case 1,29Vcore and in other case probably vid1-vid0 and got 1,36-1,39Vcore. I have intel's datasheet where are vid's and voltages shown. I need somewhere 1,45 or something. I don't understand which pins i do have to connect to get the result? What choices do i have?

........................................................................................................
i need a good explanation how can i get Vcore over 1,4. Maybe PC crashes because of low Vcore. On stock voltages i could overclock max 3,20GHz and then at random time (~10min to x hours) PC made restart . But with Vcore 1,36-1,39 i managed overclock to 3,40GHz and 3,2 looked stable. Is there someone who can help me with this?

i do not know if Vcore is to low or motherboard can't handle that much fsb. Ram is set to 5:4 when overclocking and pci/agp is manually set to 66/33 so the values will not change. Motherboard supports FSB 200 (800) and processor itself suppords fsb 200

This is an old computer with old parts, but can play modern games, even crysis on/with? medium settings.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3,00GHz with prescott core 800FSB and 478pin.
spec number: SL7PM

Some images from the datasheet pdf
VID
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/vidwz.png/
Pins
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/pinsy.png/

I just want to play with old hardware and see how much i can squeeze of it. But i need some help to understand this voltmod vid's and bsel mod thingy. Is there someone who might know how to mod this type of old cpu? And of course there aren't any multiplier unlocking techniques? How manufacturers save clock, multiplier ... settings to cpu. Maybe there is a way to do it by myself???

And sorry for my possible english grammar errors.

Last edited:
Pentium 4 3.00GHz prescott 478pin "SL7PM"
Whats my pentium's default Vcore. I only found that voltage range is somewhere 1.25-1.4V or 1.287 to 1.4......What is be the default vcore? I need to know the VID "11001" stuff...(which VID is 0 and which is 1)

For example if VID2 is "1" and VID3 is "0" and when i connect VID3 to VID2 then VID3 becomes "1"?

If VID2 is "1" and i connect it to VSS it becomes "0" ???
??????
VSS is ground? Can i connect VID to VSS?

If i get these questions answered then i will probably know how to act next (or sth)

Last edited:
hello,

i have the 3.4 prescott. this is what i have according to CPU-Z:

Can you go on your BIOS to change voltage?

I can't change voltages through BIOS that's why i need some help with voltmod. Mine isn't stable even at 1,36V. I think because of vdroop. Because cpu handles high load at 3.40GHz but probably when sometimes voltage drops then pc makes restart. 3,20GHz is stable with 1.36V.

will ask again this because i think it's all i need:

-------------------------
Pentium 4 3.00GHz prescott 478pin "SL7PM"
Whats my pentium's default Vcore. I only found that voltage range is somewhere 1.25-1.4V or 1.287 to 1.4......What is be the default vcore? I need to know the VID "11001" stuff...(which VID is 0 and which is 1)

For example if VID2 is "1" and VID3 is "0" and when i connect VID3 to VID2 then VID3 becomes "1"?

If VID2 is "1" and i connect it to VSS it becomes "0" ???
??????
VSS is ground? Can i connect VID to VSS?
-----------------------------------------------

I have allready tried different combinations only by connecting VID's. Havent tried VSS because i don't know can i connect VID to VSS or not.

Back