• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worst motherboard ever used!! K7t266 pro 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

I've never had this many damn problems with a mother board.. I've already went thru 5 REFORMATS! :mad: :mad: This mobo will not work for nuthing.. I'm sure most of the problems lie within the viaCra@ set.. I can load the win2k os fine.. soon as i load the via 4in1 version 4.36v this is where all the major problems start.. I next try to load my video card.. It loads it to the harddrive, then all of a sudden a damn major caution comes up saying cannont load the drivers.. fatal error, Upon reboot all i get are blue screens of death.. I've tried everything I can think of to get this damn chipset to work right.. what am i missing?? or did i just get a faulty mobo??
Hopefully someone can help..

What about downloading a new set of drivers? they may be corrupted. I install about 25 of these M/B a day at work and they have never given me anymore greif than the others, and certainly not this kind of problems. Then again you may of gotten a bad one. It happens every once in awhile.

Every re-format i used a diffrent sequence of installing drivers hoping for a fix.. nuthing worked.. I tried the Via 4.36v and the 4.37, as well as 3 diffrent Hercules drivers for win 2k.. Kinda sad to say this mobo was stacked with options( looked like a really nice mobo) but was plagued with problems from soon as i loaded vias drivers on.. I wasnt about to reformat a 6th time so I brought back the damn thing.. I don't need this much stress in my life over sumthin that should be so easy to install.. Went and got me nother Epox 8K7a+ ( Without a doubt the best mother board I've ever used out of 11 mobo's)
So far abit and msi to me seem to be the worst from my experience with them..

well I find the MSI K7T266 Pro 2 boards are nice boards.. they are stable but its only so so for overclocking. I think you have a bad board man cuz MSI make pretty descent boards... they might not be the best overclocking boards but they are very stable. But if you're looking for a nice overclocking board... get the AK35GTR.. its cheaper and working greate. I have about 4 Comps set up in my house.. 2 with Asus A7V266-E, 1 MSI and 1 AK35GTR.. they all run fine. I'm not too happy with the MSI board cuz its not that great for OCing

toomnymods said:
Every re-format i used a diffrent sequence of installing drivers hoping for a fix.. nuthing worked.. I tried the Via 4.36v and the 4.37, as well as 3 diffrent Hercules drivers for win 2k.. Kinda sad to say this mobo was stacked with options( looked like a really nice mobo) but was plagued with problems from soon as i loaded vias drivers on.. I wasnt about to reformat a 6th time so I brought back the damn thing.. I don't need this much stress in my life over sumthin that should be so easy to install.. Went and got me nother Epox 8K7a+ ( Without a doubt the best mother board I've ever used out of 11 mobo's)
So far abit and msi to me seem to be the worst from my experience with them..

Well here's a stupid question. You said you keep having troubles after you load the 4 in 1's. Well, I dunno.......just a thought that you NOT INSTALL THE 4in1's! Sounds crazy, I know. WinXP Home went crazy after I installed the 4in1's..... Maybe I should assume you've benchmarked with and without the 4in1's, and with is so much better you'd have to install them.

And then cursing in your first post really doesn't do much for me when it comes to respecting your abilities here.

Abit's are some of the best boards I've used, as are MSI's. Just because you have a bad board doesn't mean you come in here and **** and moan about it.

From your original post, I'd have moved it to gripes and moans.

Don't install the 4in1's.....quite honestly, 90% of the best drivers to run (except video) will come from www.windowsupdate.com. On beyond that, do what you must.

My rant.

I have used 6 of these boards the best boards and most stable systems I have owed to date. And my frist home built PC as a XT at 10Mhz. I am running windows XP on mine without any prolems.

Back