• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Instability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

Hi there oc
Im using the rig in the description and Im running in to some problems....
The computer is fresh built, and its like 2 weeks old, and ive been playing a few games and having problems

in half of the games, sometimes they freeze for like 10 seconds, than the screen flicker (like its chancing the resolution, then it goes back to the standard resolution) and then the game goes on normally

Am i runnign in to instability problems??

The CPU is overclocked to 3.8 GHz with cpu voltage at 1.4v and nb frequency at 2600MHz with cpu/nb voltage at 1.2v

What now ? ;)

Hi there oc
Im using the rig in the description and Im running in to some problems....
The computer is fresh built, and its like 2 weeks old, and ive been playing a few games and having problems

in half of the games, sometimes they freeze for like 10 seconds, than the screen flicker (like its chancing the resolution, then it goes back to the standard resolution) and then the game goes on normally

Am i runnign in to instability problems??

The CPU is overclocked to 3.8 GHz with cpu voltage at 1.4v and nb frequency at 2600MHz with cpu/nb voltage at 1.2v

What now ? ;)

I do not see any system info.

Oh sorry, but heres the rig

Thermaltake v4 black edition
ASRock 970 extreme4
AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 BE
XFX HD 6870 Dual Fan
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W
SAMSUNG f3 Spinpoint 1TB 32Mb cache

And temps are fine BTW

stock clock everything, run furmark and post the temps of the video card. Run p95 and post your temps for the cpu as well.

Done testing,

CPU on p95 reached a max of 47ºC
GPU on Furmark 1600x1200 8x MSAA extreme stress reached 59ºC with fan at 100% manual

You didn't include RAM info. in your spec's. Post not only the model number of the modules, but also the quantity, rated frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage. Also include either pic's of CPU-Z open to the Memory and SPD tabs, or the frequency, timings, and voltage at a 3.8GHz clock. Also include a pic. of CPU-Z open to the CPU tab showing the overclocked HT Ref clock and Vcore at 3.8GHz, and include all of the voltage and DRAM sub-timings settings at 3.8GHz from the UEFI.

You didn't include RAM info. in your spec's. Post not only the model number of the modules, but also the quantity, rated frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage. Also include either pic's of CPU-Z open to the Memory and SPD tabs, or the frequency, timings, and voltage at a 3.8GHz clock. Also include a pic. of CPU-Z open to the CPU tab showing the overclocked HT Ref clock and Vcore at 3.8GHz, and include all of the voltage and DRAM sub-timings settings at 3.8GHz from the UEFI.

:bang head Yeah and I have been playing with Intel as of late so I forgot 3.8Ghz could be the problem. Try everything at 3.7 because I have heard of very few problems at 3.7.

Found the problem, it was the graphics card OC, but i dont get it, is it a drivers problem??
The GPU can take 950MHz core and 1150MHz memory with good temps....

I dont know whats the issue now??

Help?

Did a clean driver install, everything is working good, everything overclocked :D
No more freezings....

Problem solved I guess

Thanks

Back