• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APB Lag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

I installed APB on my machine to give it a whirl, ran great maxed out, no problems, i installed it on my wifes Rig:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4.0ghz
8GBs DDR3 1333 RAM
2x MSI Lightning Xtreme GTX 580's in SLi

But her rig gets 17-25 fps, and this is before getting into the game, this is just at the log in screen, she can't even create a character because it's 5-8fps while in the character creation, i didn't want to believe it was performance issues with her CPU so what i did is lowered everything to minum, still no go, 21-24fps/5-8fps.

I disabled SLi, i even took the other card out, did a 100% clean Windows install, and STILL can't get her over 30fps. Sometimes she gets 1-2fps while the videos play, and 0-1fps at the log in, we have to close the client, and start it back up, only to get a bare 8-20fps.

We tried other drivers and uninstalling/reinstalling Physx, i just can't figure this out, wiping her Windows was the last thing i could think of doing and everything seemed to have gotten worse.

To make matters worse, she keeps getting the (error 8) code when she tries to log in, which means the server is under maintenance which is crap because i can log in fine. She played it on mine, and i played the game for awhile and it seems fun but i'm not going to mess wit this to much longer before i call it a piece of **** and move on, any suggestions?

Here is a questions for you, Lets say i installed drivers from August - current, august happened to support APB.

Now all she has is the Current ever installed which was from a clean wipe. Is it possible i'm running smoother because i have more drivers installed previously like a combined effect, or does the latest driver have everything from all the previous ones?

Back