• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Client priority

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey, guys, I have the 2.17 client that AFAIK has its priority set to normal or high... any thing I'll run w/ client in background results in the comp just holding for a moment every second.
I'm using WinXP, and had same result in my dual boot Win95

If you want to check or change the priority in winxp you can do so through the task manager. Just bring up the task manager and right click on the process that you want to change priority for. In this case it would be the Core_65. It really should be set on low priority. THe only way that I know to do this in win95 would be with a third party task manager like ATM, which is a very powerful task manager. You should be able to , in win95(I never tried with XP/2000), copy your conagent.exe and paste it into your folding directory. You can then edit the properties of the copy of the conagent.exe you just made to increase idle sensitivity.

Suposedly you can do it inside of FAH this is in Beta 2.19. As it is a beta there are still some bugs in it. I have not messed with 2.19 yet. I am going to give it a try on one of my boxes in a few days. Good luck.

Back