• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Info needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s-f-r-j

Registered
Hello,

Could somebody tell me (provide info) what new GPU are coming in 2012, and what the prices are going to be?

Is it worth waiting for new gpu to come out, or get current ATI (Which one) or nVIDIA (Which one) ?

Thanks

no not much, apart for 600 series for nvidia and 7000 series for amd, don't think there will be new features except for performance boost (i think)
but im pretty sure its well worth the wait

Me... I tend to disagree...

We've already got more GPU power than is needed by even the most demanding games...

Why wait 4-5 months longer to jump on the next great thing that'll be replaced a year after that?

I guess what I'm saying is... If you always sit back and wait on the next great thing right around the corner... You'll be doing alot of waiting, and never purchase a GPU.

Me... I tend to disagree...

We've already got more GPU power than is needed by even the most demanding games...

Why wait 4-5 months longer to jump on the next great thing that'll be replaced a year after that?

I guess what I'm saying is... If you always sit back and wait on the next great thing right around the corner... You'll be doing alot of waiting, and never purchase a GPU.
if he waits a bit, he can still get current graphic cards for much less than they are now :thup:

OKay, i think i have few other questions.

My current configuration is:

k6dOU.png

MGZ8l.png

mgXJi.png

GPU is: ATI Sapphire 4870, 512 MB of RAM

YHm0.png

PSU is Antec 650W True power.

With what Card will i see good improvement actually ?

I am not planing to upgrade CPU\RAM soon, maybe in couple of months, so, what should i do?

Maybe i could add new SSD as well, just not sure yet which one.

Please advise,
s-f-r-j

To be honest i never used nvidia, ATI only, so i have no idea how to compare nvidia card to current ati or any ati that is out :\

GTX560, is it better then ATI 6950 for example?

Is there any chart i could look at to see the comparison?

Thanks

6950 is the way to go. Some will unlock to 6970 and that is by fare the best bang for buck right now.

I am personally waiting to see if I can find a 6950 that will unlock come black Friday or cyber Monday. Its a long shot and if I don't find one I will just hold out another 5 months for D3 to come out and do a full upgrade to SB.

Back