• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More about monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RICK699

:comp:So I am in the market to do a three monitor set up, And I must say there is alot of info on this site on this subject. What I need to figure out is that what is important in a gaming monitor? May be some one can help with this here is some things or gimmicks that are confusing, or may be all are important ? Can someone put the list in order of importance?

Horizontal Refresh Rate
Vertical Refresh Rate

Response Time (G to G)

Recommened Resolution

Contrast Ratio

Other?

can any monitor be put in portrait mode?
Thanks for your time.:comp:

Hey Rick, welcome to the forums. :)

Looks like we missed your thread somehow until now, sorry about that.

For me, the first things I would look for are response time and resolution. I'd want a 1080P monitor, and I'd want a response time that is good for gaming (sub 8ms I think they say is good?).

Contrast ratio claims can often be exaggerated or inaccurate I believe, so I don't pay a great deal of attention to that. Most any monitor can be placed in portrait mode I believe, its typically a driver setting that allows landscape or portrait mode to be configured.

Maybe others can chime in here, I'm no monitor expert. In the future, if you don't get a reply within 24 hours, feel free to reply yourself and give the thread a :bump: - thats usually enough to get more input.

Back