• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dungeon Defenders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S02

Just making this thread because there isn't one. This is for anything related to the game.

My main purpose of posting this, is the graphics, no they are not great in my opinion, so don't tell me that it's pretty or whatever.

First of all, those borders, can be removed, at the cost of graphics, or at the cost of some annoying effort.(Those borders are the most annoying, they add no visual quality and make things seem more aliased.)

Yes there is a thread at steam where they tell you what to edit, but I don't care about that, because they're a little delusional and believe that they have anti-aliasing, some might, but the way it cripples fps and increases gpu usage, isn't worth it.

I will assume your pc can take this on high. Method1 is best suited for people who use low, but want it to looks less desaturated.

How to disable those borders and still have your glowing lights:

Method 1(at the cost of graphics, such as fog, shadows and somehow menu, you can still have some of the postprocess): Set your game on high, save settings, go to your UDKengine.ini file, look for GraphicsQualityMode=2, make that 2 a 0, save file, right click on file, go to properties and set as read only and apply(else it will reset the settings).

Method 2(you have to have postprocessing off, before going into a new area)Set your game on high, save settings, go to your UDKengine.ini file, look for DefaultPostProcessName=DunDefMisc.DunDefScenePostProcess, delete that line, save file, right click on file, go to properties and set as read only and apply(else it will reset the settings). Switch postprocess off, select character, go to tavern, switch post process on again, hey look, all effects with no borders, before selecting level, switch postprocess off, then when in area, switch on.

Try loading without switching it off, and you'll get those borders.:facepalm: No I don't know why it's 'THAT' retarded, they could easily fix it, by adding some F'ing options.

To get AA, for a nvidia, I used nvinspector, bioshock2 profile, added exe, add AA, then ran game. For ati, I don't know, maybe someone else does. It ran bad, so I switched AA off. Why does AA run so bad with the game? It's game related, don't ask me.

Here is the DD thread

You are bashing a $15 game for its graphics?!?!? keep in mind this is an indie game and a multi platform game: ipad,iphone, Android, PC, PS3 and Xbox. its gotta run smooth on all systems.
The graphics on my android phone and specifically for my Eee Pad Transformer are amazing looking! For the PC....it is what it is, an Indie game using the unreal engine, what are you expecting? It looks good to me....its not Metro 2033 good but for a Tower defense game its pretty sweet looking. the only "Tower Defense" game that beats it for graphics is Sanctum (unreal engine again).
I think your expectations are a bit high for an indie game. Props to Trendy for finally getting this out for ALL platforms...and for cross platform play. its a hella fun TDG.

Last edited:
Back