• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird situation with AMD 1055T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spaft

Registered
Hi guys,
I have been runnning on an AMD 1055T for around 9 months till I recently notice a performance draw back these days. And I checked in CPUID and find that the core is running at 1020 MHz where it should be running at 3.57GHz as seted in the Bios. When I go to the Bios, seems like only CPU2, CPU3, CPU4 and CPU5 are showed up. So I'm wondering what's going on with my CPU0 and CPU1.
Hopefully some of you know the answer to this. Any reply will be appreciated!

Thank you all!

It might be throttling back when not under load - have you tried disabling any power saving features like (IIRC) Cool 'n' Quiet?

Hi, thank you so much for your reply!
I did disabled all those features since I'm doing OC. And I remember it used to stay at 3.57. Also in the Bios, it's so weird that the cores didn't show up. But I can still see 6 cores and the usage of them in the task manager in Windows. So weird.

Hmmm... not sure what's going on there (not had a chance to play with the modern Phenom II's myself). Try installing Core Temp (http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/) and enable the 'on the fly FSB detection' - does it say the same as CPUID? (Just trying to rule out a software bug).

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean (using the machine I'm on currently).

Attachments

• coretemp.png
    coretemp.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 54
Hi, I just installed that software and it seems like everything is working perfectly fine. Have no idea what the hack is going on with CPU-Z. But just notice there is a Tj. Max in that software where i have 67C there, is this ok?
Thank you so much! Almost got killed by a stupid bug of that software...

The TjMax is, if I recall correctly, the maximum temperature that the CPU is rated for. In fact, when the CPU reports its temperature it often does so as "X degrees from TjMax" as opposed to "X degrees".

If your CPU temperature is 67 degrees, that's a little hot for a Phenom II; I believe the magic number is 55, ideally.

What sort of cooling solution do you have?

O, that's weird.. When I use HW monitor I never see such high temps. I'm using a Noctua NH-D14 air cooler system. I thought it should be enough for such light oc.. I used to set it to run at 3.8 for around 4 months and it seems ok..

Well, actually the core temp also shows the draw back on CPU0 now... I don't know why it appears to be correct when I first installed it. But now it shows the identical result as CPU-Z where CPU0 is with a multi of 4 and all others at 14. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Back