• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick disconnects, something to look into?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

hey guys for some reason lately ive been getting all excited about wc and i think i want to expand my current loop to the gpu. in fact if i could do that id get a 2nd 5870 and get a cheap performance boost. thing is as you would know wc is a big pain in the *** when u go to make adjustments and what not. my question is, would looking into getting a couple quick disconnects like theses:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=207_160_1275&vk_sort=1

be worthwhile doing? like i said, id love to expand my loop but the time, effort and money is putting me off. ive got like a 4 month uni break in a week so i feel like starting some kinda project like this, but yeah the hassle of spilling coolant everywhere and have **** not long enough or **** not sitting right in the case or **** getting too hot is turning me off. so yeah would quick disconnects be something handy youd recommend to me?

They're handy, they're a bit restrictive though, so don't go TOO crazy with them (numbers). Koolance has been having QC issues with them recently, I'm not sure that those were ever resolved, so be careful, I'd contact someone at koolance about it and see if they know if the issue has been resolved. If they deny any issue or anything like that, steer clear.

If you like having your flow rate drop, yes.
QDC: 3mm ID
QDC (High Flow lol): 4mm ID
AC Ball Valve: 6mm ID
Generic brass Ball Valve (plumbing): 9mm ID
Bitspower Ball Valve: 10mm ID

I use the generic brass ball valves coupled with Bitspower D-plugs.

Last edited:
Are you trying to drain it easily, or be able to add and remove components easily?

Well draining is just generally easy, pull the res out, flip it over, pop the tubes to it, and blow into one of em while you hold the other over your bucket. Adding and removing componenets easily pretty much mandates QDCs...and even with them it's not easy (you've gotta add water if you're putting a brand new component in and you get a little bit of spill disconnecting them. What is your reasoning for the need to add and remove things that often?

Well draining is just generally easy, pull the res out, flip it over, pop the tubes to it, and blow into one of em while you hold the other over your bucket. Adding and removing componenets easily pretty much mandates QDCs...and even with them it's not easy (you've gotta add water if you're putting a brand new component in and you get a little bit of spill disconnecting them. What is your reasoning for the need to add and remove things that often?

hmmm i guess i see your point. id only really be taking stuff apart once if i do it properly, which wouldnt really bother me. alright thanks, i wont bother with the quick disconnects.

:thup: They're not a bad idea if you change often, but barring that, there's no real reason to

Back