• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Printer, the bane of my existance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mehovoric

So I have some printers I need to get plugged into put onto the network. I have Server 2008 set up with Print and Document Services. The printer is an HP Laserjet p4515tn. So here's what happens:

I configure the IP, Subnet, DNS, etc etc on the printer through the printer keypad. BUT, when I plug in the printer to the network, the keypad locks up and I have no control over the printer. When I ping, it's real sluggish, often at 4 or 5ms response time and I often get 1 or 2 "Request timed out."
BUT heres the fun part. IF I plug it into a network switch with nothing else plugged in, the keypad responds just fine.

This is really beginning to irritate me. I know the USB works and so I'm considering just investing money into some print servers, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Thanks for the help.

You may have a bad nic or firmware in the printer. Have you contact HP. I always have trouble with HP drivers. Whether it is usb or network.

HP support and I don't get along. Haha.
I'm attempting to update the firmware right now. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll suck it up and call HP.

Back