• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another BF3 bug Keys / Mouse Binding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

Hello all,

BF3 has been nothing but a bad experience ever since I received the retail game. First I had problems loading AMD drivers that caused me to reformat my SSDs, then I couldn't play more than 5 minutes before my PC crash or freeze, and now I can't fly a Jet! This has got to be the worst game launch I can recall.

1. I've noticed the keyboard keys are inverted for up and down. My Logitech G7 mouse can't bind the yaw/pitch/roll countrols. WTF? My Logitech 3D Extreme is useless and I need help. I have been reading up about this problem but there is no clear or simple fix. Has anyone experience this and would like to share how you fixed it? I would love to fly a FA-18 in BF3 if only I can control it.

2. Also. when I have the joystick plugged in, I can't control the weopan trigger. It keeps shooting and reloading uncontrolled. I have read to unplug the joystick to fix this problem, but I won't be able to use my joystick?

You should be able to change all of those items in the bindings menu, especially the up/down/pitch/yaw/etc.

I've heard people using the Logitech 3d Extreme and I haven't heard any huge issues. I assume you have installed the latest drivers from Logitech's site for both the mouse and the joystick?

I haven't had any reloading issues. My guess is that the keybinds are just messed up for the joystick and you need to go through and rebind each button.

Janus67, thanks for your reply. You are correct. The key bindings are incorrect on the initial/default BF3 install. I unbind both mouse and joystick keys and rebind the correct keys. Now I can fly a jet using the joystick, but the mouse pitch is reverse. Also, I can't shoot missiles, only cannons. Damn, this game is so messed up. I need to keep digging to fix the problems.

Have you unlocked the missiles yet? You have to 'change weapons' in order to use them (assuming you have unlocked them)

Also, there is a toggle on the left side of the keybind screen for invert mouse while on ground or while flying.

Back