• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Skyrim Now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is this only if you pre-ordered through Steam?

As far as i know. I found out purely by a joke on my wife, she's be extremely hyped about skyrim so when she woke up i thought i would play a prank "Hey, you can download Skyrim early" without actually knowing this, i snickered as she logged on and she squinted at me and pretty much saw that i was lying through my teeth, she clicked on the game and sure enough a button "Pre-load Skyrim" My jaw dropped, so i hopped on here and let everyone know, basic story, i'm not sure about anywhere else, i would assume D2D would offer the same courtesy, at any rate it's 5.71 GB

also the folders within it have "DX10" full of DX10 files and one labeled "DiX11SDKInst.exe"

Config files with "low" "medium" "high" "Very high", most likely presets, the textures and meshes inside the .bsa files range from 50MB to 150MB, TowerMsh001L.bif is 50MB (L for Low?), TowerMsh001vh.bif 150MB (VH for Very High?), so this says to me that you can change the texture/Mesh detail from ****ty to awesome.

There is a File inside Misc.bsa called Skyrim-Physics.dat and another Skyrim-PhysX.dat, seems like pretty good news for Nvidia, Interface there is a file labled TessellaSky7rty.bin, there are actually about 20 of them, under each one is another .bin with the following numbers 1-2-3-4-5- etc up to 48. Tessellation?

The voices, Texture and Meshes files combined are over 4GB's consider the game is 5.7GBs there is alot of room for HD textures, breath easy PC.

I hooked up my computer to my new UN55D8000 and BIC PL-89 surround setup, got wireless mouse/keyboard and no school/work on Friday.

I will not be sleeping much in the next few days :D

Ohh and Skyrim has been preloaded, just waiting for unlock.

Why would anyone pay a Bethesda game on release day, there's always a patch or two needed before you can play it uninterrupted.

Why would anyone pay a Bethesda game on release day, there's always a patch or two needed before you can play it uninterrupted.

You mean there is always a half the game is missing patch, aka woops, we forgot to add that part of the game, or crap, we forgot you PC guys would be playing our console port patch.

My boxed copy arrived today... but it won't allow me to install it coz it isn't released yet!! Stupid steam...

Back