• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Hopefully" upgrading soon. Need help though

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xStrike

Registered
I'm going to upgrade my PC a bit come Christmas time/first of the year. Was going to earlier but had a few personal complications. Just need some help picking out a Motherboard and GPU. I want to be able to play Battlefield 3 (doesn't HAVE to be Ultra, just looking for a nice looking playable quality), Skyrim, and SWTOR for the most part. So basically, Battlefield 3 being the most demanding.

I'm upgrading my Motherboard, CPU, GFX card, and RAM.

This is what I have currently:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 running @ 3.00Ghz
GFX: Radeon HD 4850
RAM: 2x2 4GB G.Skill 1366
PSU: Corsair VX550W

What I want to upgrade to:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Motherboard: What I need help on (Don't want to spend more than $130 - $150)
GFX: Also what I need help on (Don't want to spend more than $200 - $250)

I'm trying to keep the price down as much as I can, budget.

I just need help picking a good motherboard that will fit an AM3 socket (that's what the Phenom II X4 is) and a good, reliable, and affordable GFX card. Just having one hell of a confusing time trying to find those. Help is VERY appreciated.

Thank you!

I would go with the i5 2500k because better ocing and what not and is just fine but the intel i5 2500k is an amazing chip lol but if you reall want amd then go with the above listing if you want to go intel here is the things you would what to change
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
Ram: go with what is silted above by Knufire
motherboard/GPU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.751729
It is a little more expensive but its worth it in the long run i am stretched on time so i could really go and do intensive research on that mobo/gpu hopefully some one can give you what you need for a cheaper price but that is what i would go with

Back