• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The most extreme mini-ITX gaming rig you've ever seen - MAX11Lv3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

I just finished a build I've been working on for a customer. He requested a system to fulfill these requirements.
  • small
  • lightweight
  • very powerful
  • unique
  • cutting edge gaming performance

If you like what you see here, be sure to check out the full build log for details :)

This is what the layout looks like prior to putting in the optical drive tray....it's a really tight squeeze!

MAX11Lv3122.jpg

And here are the final shots of the system. The customer is planning to replace the feet with something a bit more athetically pleasing once he finds something he likes.

MAX11Lv3129.jpg

MAX11Lv3128.jpg

MAX11Lv3127.jpg

MAX11Lv3126.jpg

MAX11Lv3125.jpg

I welcome your comments and criticisms :)

Last edited:
man im diggin it! i cant see anything to critic about it... im wondering did you epoxy/form the CF your self or someone did it for you? what case did it start out as, im guessing a silverstone? IMO this should be on the front page, like a projects corner section.

cool, thanks for the link and i should have read your project log. cant wait to see what you got coming next!

i mean, what you might be working on next. i needs the sleeps!

I meant that for the first time in years...I don't have any more projects in view...why else would I be gaming so much lately? :attn:

Read about this at the evil place earlier today. This is an outstanding mod. I would have never thought about mounting the PSU to the rad and using it in that way.

I am a little concerned though; you're cooling a 2600k and 580 on a Magicool slim dual rad. Oh my... I mean I know space is limited, but ouch.

Read about this at the evil place earlier today. This is an outstanding mod. I would have never thought about mounting the PSU to the rad and using it in that way.

I am a little concerned though; you're cooling a 2600k and 580 on a Magicool slim dual rad. Oh my... I mean I know space is limited, but ouch.

You're not the first person to say this...but think about your statement for a minute........

....then check my temps: GPU @ 65C max, and CPU max in the 60s :p
......it's no match for Water & Wood, but one dual 120mm rad is still head and soulders above stock (or aftermarket) air cooling solutions :thup:

I followed the build log since I joined up here, and that is a masterpiece. Looks great, very clean install... as the kids are all saying, mad props.

Oh my sweet Lord, it's beautiful. I want to make eight of them so I can put one in every room of my house and admire it's beauty no matter where/what I'm doing.

I still dont understand how you cool a 580 and a top level cpu with a 2x120 rad one fan of which is the psu fan (even if you replaced the PSU fan which is so easy to do) crap at room temp levels I would not use a 2x120 for a CPU let alone a heatpo like a 580.

I used a 4x120 rad on my i7 920...

I tell yah miah you did it, but it still belies physics.

In what way is this cooling solution in any way inferior to the stock air coolers? :confused:

It may not be the "ideal" when you consider what we normal play with in the water cooling world, but its still head and shoulders above air cooling :thup:

In what way is this cooling solution in any way inferior to the stock air coolers? :confused:

It may not be the "ideal" when you consider what we normal play with in the water cooling world, but its still head and shoulders above air cooling :thup:

As water cooling has matured in our hobby, I've watched it become more religion than science at times. The suggested solutions often reach for ideal rather than necessary... shifting gears to what works well enough isn't easy for a lot of people, so I'm guessing thats where those comments come from.

I think a lot of the water cooling aficionados would have said the H80/H100 style coolers would never do the job they do before someone actually made the product and proved the preconceptions wrong.

Nice build, looks fly. :thup:

Looks sweet. If I had the patience to do something like that I would have stuck with the mATX form factor :D

Good luck fitting a mATX build into a box anywhere close to this size :fight:

As water cooling has matured in our hobby, I've watched it become more religion than science at times. The suggested solutions often reach for ideal rather than necessary... shifting gears to what works well enough isn't easy for a lot of people, so I'm guessing thats where those comments come from.

I think a lot of the water cooling aficionados would have said the H80/H100 style coolers would never do the job they do before someone actually made the product and proved the preconceptions wrong.

Nice build, looks fly. :thup:

Yup ;).....thanks Matt :)

Back