• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ram for an overclocked p67 chipset system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laststop420

Registered
The multitude of different ram speeds and timings just confuse me. Is it worth it to get incredibly high 2133mhz ram with higher timings or am i better off with a lower 1333mhz or 1600mhz and tighter timings?

Simply put what specific ram is going to be the best performer for me?

Does higher mhz ram really make a noticeable difference or is it just for benchmarking? I am not benchmarking and real world performance is what matters to me so i dont want to spend extra money for nothing.

Grab some 1600-8-8-8 stuff, that'll do you just fine.
2000-8-8-8 only exists with Hyper ICs, which A) don't work with SB for beans, and B) haven't been made in a year or so and are fairly expensive now.
2133-9-11-9 seems to be the current fast speed, which really isn't that great either, speaking from a benching perspective.

From a real world use perspective you're unlikely to notice the difference between even extreme examples like 1066-10-10-10 and 2133-7-8-7.

Back