• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i able to run MAXED settings in BF3 ? This Gaming build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aya90

P8Z68 V-PRO Motherboard
Core i5 2500k CPU
8GB 1600 MHz
GTX 580
1TB WD Black HDD
750w PSU

If your power supply can handle the demand, then I don't see why not. You posted a 750w, but what brand/model is it?

corsair 750hx

and which mid tower case should i go for

I would highly recommend getting a hyper 212+ cpu cooler so you can overclock that cpu nicely. You will be able to play at max settings yes :)

Is this already bought, or a planned build?

580 should max out BF3, I believe. I've heard that it plays better on AMD cards though.

You left out the one important detail, the resolution you play at. At 1024x768 it'll go so fast your head will axeplode!

Now if its 5760x1080 it would run it sure, but what does run it mean? 60+ fps sustained, nope.

judging by his one star, hes not running that high of a res =P I would assume he means a normal monitor lol.

Yeah I'm just playing. But if its 1366x768 vs 1080P there will be a difference in performance.

judging by his one star, hes not running that high of a res =P I would assume he means a normal monitor lol.
Stars have little bearing on what hardware people have.. Just like knowledge. There are people with no stars with better rigs than you and I. There are people with no stars that know more than you or I. ;)

But absolutely... depends on the resolution he's running. :thup:

My set up runs BF3 at high settings and some on max settings.. and I average 60 fps, but sometimes drop to 45, but never below 40...

With level loads...yes. Outside of that, not really unless the game you play frequently fetches things from the HDD.

Is this already bought, or a planned build?

580 should max out BF3, I believe. I've heard that it plays better on AMD cards though.

I have it. 580 does max it out. If you run too much AA/AF it jitters out at some points but technically, if AA/AF are at like the lowest setting yes it runs maxed on my system with HBAO on and low to no AA/AF.

This is 1920x1080 on my signature system btw. They've shown the 2500 and 2600 run the game the same. So no worries there.

About overclocking,

I would like to slightly overclock my CPU to around 4GHz and a bit higher than normal stock rate on GTX 580

with a 850AX CORSAIR .. is that possible ?

Regarding the SSD , is it possible to get higher performance if i install the OS on a 1TB 7200rpm and while the games on the SSD ?

The PSU won't really matter. The cooling will. You will be able to OC the 2500k plenty. The 580 GTX should OC some, but you probably won't need to.

Back