• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me with lm_sensors and Gkrellm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

ok, i have lm_sensors and gkrellm installed. apparently, gkrellm is supposed to be able to monitor CPU temps, which is something that i really need to be able to do in linux. well, i couldn't figure out a way to do it in the configuration or on the UI on gkrellm. i went to the website for info and saw an image of gkrellm nicely displaying cpu temps. it told me i needed lm_sensors for this option to be enable, so i checked to make sure i had it, reinstalled it even (with gnorpm) and i can't figure out how to get it to display my cpu temps...it does everything else but!

thanks for the help

jeff

have you run sensors-detect yet, after running that you will be prompted to make changes to 2 differnt config files...

After that you just tell gkrellm on which sensor box to display the CPU temp...

Gkrellm did it automatically for me, once lm_sensors was set up right. Make sure lm_sensors works right, then the re4st will fall into place.

but how do i set it up right? i downlloaded the lm_sensors RPM and installed it with no problems, and i don't know what to do now. :( sorry for my pseudo-n00biness

jeff

run sensors-detect...

at the command line type ---> sensors <--- and then press tab.
That will bring up a list of scripts/programs that start with sensors.

Find the one that says sensors-detect or sensors_detect or something like that. Run it. Answer its questions, modify the conf files it tells you to, and then you are up and ruinning...

well, that didn't work, but i'm sure there's something i'm not doing right.

EDIT: i found the sensors-detect file, but after i probed and tried to install the devices and configure things, it kept saying that loading the modules failed...grrrrr

jeff

Last edited:
Back