• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T 4.0Ghz Quest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

Hey every,

So I've been talking about doing it but over the last couple months I havn't had time to OC but over the course of the weekend and tomorrow I'm going to have no school work plus the college semester is almost done. I'm looking to hit 4.0Ghz on my processor using the all to handy Dolk's Guid to Awesome.

So far I've gotten 3.7Ghz without even needing voltage changes or NB bumps but beyond 3.7Ghz even just 3.8Ghz I start to get "Worker has stopped". So far I've tried bumping the cpu voltage one notch to 1.375v and tried bumping the cpu-nb voltage just a small bit too but neither seemed to help.

Alternatively I've set my ram manually from it's 1600 clocks to 1333 as I figured this would help me out but it didn't seem to do much. At 3.8Ghz I'm finding hard locks even when not benching. I F10'd and the computer was still hardlocking however disabling C1E fixed that...

TL;DR Version, failing at 3.8Ghz with slight voltage bumps to CPU and NB. Looking for advice, rig in sig as always :)

Last edited:
Hello Ronbert,

Some information which would be helpful is the full load temps you are seeing at your highest stable clock.

Have you disabled all the power saving options? I see you turned off C1E which is a start.

What are your NB and HT Link set for? 2000~2600 is a good range just keep them the same value as the Thuban and more so the 1090T loves it.

For 4.0Ghz on my 1090T I had to use 1.43V if I can recall correctly to get it stable.

Dropping the memory to 1333Mhz was a smart move as 1600 is hard on the IMC of the 1090T.

Screenshots of temps, CPU-Z are also nice to give us better ideas on what your trying.

You may simply need more voltage. 1.375 is fairly low for that chip, if you're going for 4ghz anyway. I'd jump right up to 1.45, check temps and stability, then lower voltage until it's not stable any more. Go back up two steps from there, recheck temps, and you're all set.

Thanks for the responses guys! Yup all power saving settings are off and Windows is manually set to high performance. I'll have to check the NB settings to be sure of what it is actually at but I believe it's set at 2.6Ghz the HT link I can't recall, Load temps on 3.7Ghz stable seem to peak at 42C.

I'll put it back to 3.7Ghz stable and recheck temps on blend to see what I get for temps and report back

Couple of edits:

Working on getting temps. I was mistaken according to my cpu configuration menu my HT and NB are both running at 2000Mhz cpu voltages are set in the 1.3ish range

Untitled.jpg

Bumped to 1.428V at 4.0Ghz, after about 5 minutes worker 4 and 5 stopped, time for NB and HT bump? Workers 4 and 5 are being really damn stuborn. I've bumped voltages and NB and HT and still the two of them keep failing, still shooting for 4.0Ghz.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys! Yup all power saving settings are off and Windows is manually set to high performance. I'll have to check the NB settings to be sure of what it is actually at but I believe it's set at 2.6Ghz the HT link I can't recall, Load temps on 3.7Ghz stable seem to peak at 42C.

I'll put it back to 3.7Ghz stable and recheck temps on blend to see what I get for temps and report back

Couple of edits:

Working on getting temps. I was mistaken according to my cpu configuration menu my HT and NB are both running at 2000Mhz cpu voltages are set in the 1.3ish range

View attachment 101539

Bumped to 1.428V at 4.0Ghz, after about 5 minutes worker 4 and 5 stopped, time for NB and HT bump? Workers 4 and 5 are being really damn stuborn. I've bumped voltages and NB and HT and still the two of them keep failing, still shooting for 4.0Ghz.

Sounds like still low on voltage or you have stuff enabled still in the BIOS. LLC turned on?
You will probably need close to 1.45V to get it stable then drop from there. Try your NB and HT at 2000 then change your CPU-NB voltage to 1.25

NB and SB Voltage can go up to 1.3 but honestly leaving them on AUTO should be fine for now.

I just bumped my HT and NB to 2600 so I'll drop em back down to 2000 and up the voltage. I'm at 1.435v on the cpu right now. I'll take a look at LLC now.

EDIT: Worker 5 stopped yet again, I'll pop the voltage upto 1.45v.

Have you given the CPUNB a voltage bump yet? Try about 1.225v.

Last edited:
Have you given the CPUNB a voltage bump yet? Try about 1.225v.

Hey Trents long time no see :D CPU is at 1.45V and NB is sitting at 1.25, still getting worker stopped mostly on core 5. My temps are also hitting between 47-48C with only 5 minutes run time of Prime95 blend, don't think I'm going to see 4.0Ghz safely with the low end fans I have on my Hyper212+

I dropped my HT and NB from 2600 to 2200 I'll post back, I'm wondering if heat is the issue.

Gentlemen... I present you with my longest pass yet. Still going strong after 20 minute blend, max temps not looking so good though at 53C, calling it pretty close to that 55C mark.

I had to drop the RAM yet again down to 1033 and bump the NB up to 1.32v

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I have a vdroop problem with my board. Under load it drops to 1.456v. I have a good cooler so temps are kept down

How do you get your CPU to stay so cool???? I'm using the same CPU cooler as you. I'm already at 53 degrees at 16X (stock) and 10 minutes of Prime95. 4GHz seem like a fantasy to me. My biggest problem is the heat factor and I'm working on a few recommendations made by the helpful bros here. Anyway you are looking good.

How do you get your CPU to stay so cool???? I'm using the same CPU cooler as you. I'm already at 53 degrees at 16X (stock) and 10 minutes of Prime95. 4GHz seem like a fantasy to me. My biggest problem is the heat factor and I'm working on a few recommendations made by the helpful bros here. Anyway you are looking good.

I have really good air flow in my case. I have like a wind tunnel pulling air in through 2 fans in the 5.25" bay directly into an Ultra Kaze 3000 on the front of the Silver Arrow. Then I have 2x TY-140s pulling air through and out the back

I have really good air flow in my case. I have like a wind tunnel pulling air in through 2 fans in the 5.25" bay directly into an Ultra Kaze 3000 on the front of the Silver Arrow. Then I have 2x TY-140s pulling air through and out the back

Your setup must sound like a 747 in mid-air. My wife would never allow that in the bedroom. :drool:

I have mine at 1.5v and stable at 4.2Ghz, I guess I have a really good chip, temps at full load are 46c.

@neo668, my computer sounds like a space shuttle about to launch into orbit haha.

Back