• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fanspeed reducing gpu's lifespan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^
The only thing you can really do about that is to replace the fan with an aftermarket kit or set up a manual fan profile in Afterburner.

Curious... why would you manually set it so high? My GTX570 fans are louder than anything else in the case when they're at 100%, thankfully they never reach that on auto setting.

My 6950 sounds like a rocket ship taking off as the fan takes several seconds to spin up to full speed..........can't wait to get this thing under water.

My 6950 sounds like a rocket ship taking off as the fan takes several seconds to spin up to full speed..........can't wait to get this thing under water.
I wouldn't suggest running the fans under water.

Curious... why would you manually set it so high? My GTX570 fans are louder than anything else in the case when they're at 100%, thankfully they never reach that on auto setting.

because i've overclocked it and overvolted it. its temp is reaching its peak like 90-95 with just auto fanspeed..

Will MSI Afterburner override the fan settings in the CCC or do I need to make a manual adjustment? OP, I hope you don't mind me asking this question as it is somewhat related to your topic.

Will MSI Afterburner override the fan settings in the CCC or do I need to make a manual adjustment? OP, I hope you don't mind me asking this question as it is somewhat related to your topic.

i think yes, afterburner override the fan settings on ur CCC, if it doesnt work there is always precision..

it should, however you should set the fan speed and listen for audible changes. some cards it works and some it does not. if you can't hear fan noise changes as you make fan speed changes in afterburner then it isn't working.

Back