• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Xeon E3-1230 HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692154
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692085

Replies of some sort would be great.

Well I asked much earlier not a single reply in three+ (in one case over 10 except my own) hours. I am in no way knocking anyone but am I really that far out there? Anybody even care to discuss this?

I am not complaining but everyone is so quick to respond to trivial crap all the time but if a complicated and serious question is asked everybody seems to avoid it. Is it me? Am I that much of an ***? Opinions are more than welcome.

Last edited:
If people aren't sure what to say, they often don't post is what I observe. I answered your e3-1230 question in the other thread, it's pretty straightforward but there is no magic bullet other than confirming with the people who released the BIOS. They may have documentation available for which chips, otherwise you have to ask:

Check with the motherboard manufacturer - it depends on the BIOS support. If the BIOS is not set to recognize the chip, it won't POST. Otherwise, there is no technical reason the chip would not work.

If people aren't sure what to say, they often don't post is what I observe. I answered your e3-1230 question in the other thread, it's pretty straightforward but there is no magic bullet other than confirming with the people who released the BIOS. They may have documentation available for which chips, otherwise you have to ask:

Yeah I think I will email them but I have crap luck with most support; they sit behind a terminal and ask whatever they are prompted to until they choke the "Expert" system. The issue is that it is a Xeon and I could just get one slap it in and see what happens. My line of thinking is thay there will never be direct bios support and this is a T&E thing.

I really just wanted to sound off and get an echo. Most people here have gotten wacky and killed things before as well as had things survive the encounters.

Well I have decided I am just going to find an AMD solution. Even though the CPU would pribably run I want VT-x and VT-d support and even if the Chip runs it may have issues with these.

Last edited:
Back